Brunswick Tenor

plucky

Reaction score
Since I last posted around October of last year, I've continued with my soprano uke and got more and more attached to it as the weeks went by. There is no wonder that the popularity of the uke has increased world wide, it's such an ideal instrument to quickly get the hang of. I did pursuade Santa to bring me a larger size tenor for Christmas, and found the wider fret spacing a little bit easier for my ancient fingers, they seem to get a bit rheumaticy when the weather is a bit damp but I get by ok thank goodness, and I still do play the soprano now and then. I have around 150 song/tunes in my favourites folder, including Country music, some Formby classics, some Elvis stuff and a selection of old time favourites from way back.....the uke seems to be ok for most types of music so in case anyone hasn't noticed yet......yep I'm really happy with it and grateful for the earlier encouragement and tips I got when I first joined the forum, and hope you all enjoying the Uke as much as I am .........

Cheers all,
Plucky.

Hi Plucky.
Good on you for practicing! I too find the soprano a little cramped for my hands. That's one reason why I've stuck to the concert, the tenors make the stretches too far for me.
My list of faves keeps growing, I was doing everything from Willie Nelson to the Beatles to Bach today!
Glad to have you back!

I too favour the concert scale, & like Nickie, found the tenor just a little bit to big. I also have Soprano, as I like their size, but my hands/fingers are happiest on concert. :)

(If you need a bit of inspiration, take a look at the Seasons threads - they've helped to motivate & improve my learning & playing.)

Hi Keith...thanks for your comments, I've never tried a concert model, but I have played guitar for a few years so I found the tenor spacing very suitable for me. The main thing I suppose is just being happy with the one that is the most comfortable to play..... I must say I enjoy playing the uke more than any other musical instrument including my keyboard which can produce some great sounds. I found the longneck of my banjo a bit tiresome but the uke just fits the bill, the small one is handy for caravan trips (not taking up too much space)..anyway I'm going to have a shot at putting a picture on with this post if I can figure out how to do it, so don't either you or Nicky hold your breath 'cos it might never appear................. here goes........
IMG_20160510_142351.jpg

Hi Campbell....nice to hear from you, these forums nowadays are really amazing eh? Contact with the whole world is so easy, it's amazing how many folk have similar interests no matter what their hobbies are. I usually find that folk with musical interest are very relaxed...not sure yet whether relaxed people like music or if it's the music that makes them relaxed....I'm sure someone will have researched it. Speaking of the whole world I'm not too sure where your town is but I do know NSW fairly well....our son lives in Sydney close to Circular Key, we have visited three or four times, also I have a niece living in Adelaide.... Anyway Campbell, keep enjoying your ukulele playing, ........ oh, and while I'm on the keyboard can I send my apologies to you Nickie for misspelling your name, I have corrected it..... Sorry.

Best Regards to All,
Plucky.

Top Bottom