Mya-Moe Visit

McDougall

Reaction score
I wanted to publicly thank Gordon and Char at Mya Moe for their incredible hospitality. I had a great visit with them last Friday discussing everything from process efficiencies to master grade koa :). I am relatively new to the ukulele game but I have acquired a number of instruments and Mya Moe are unique and have beautiful open voicing and the best playability of any of my instruments.

I highly recommend the trip to anyone who has thought of going. The drive through the Columbia gorge from Portland is very beautiful. I was lucky enough to catch it on a clear day so the views of the cascades from their house were also incredible. Thanks again Gordon. ! Can't wait for my next couple of ukes! Now if we can just get you to keep building forever!

Collin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 62
How fortunate that you were able to get to visit the MyaMoe crew. That is something that I would love to do. I share your perception of the fine craftsmanship and playability of the MyaMoe marque and to meet those responsible for making them would be a highlight of my life. Meeting the makers of all my ukes is something that has to go on my bucket list.

My instrument will be ready on August 16, I have arranged to pick up at the shop. I have met Aaron, Nichole and Henry a few times, and I am really looking forward to a chance to meet Gord and Char.

We will be taking our trailer and camping a few days on either side of the date, with a few days in Portland.

bman...sounds like a great time. You are in for a treat! When you see how many sets of wood she has in there good luck not ordering another.

That's a really good idea. I wonder how much it costs to visit Nicaragua, where my Cocobolo was built???

My instrument will be ready on August 16, I have arranged to pick up at the shop. I have met Aaron, Nichole and Henry a few times, and I am really looking forward to a chance to meet Gord and Char.

We will be taking our trailer and camping a few days on either side of the date, with a few days in Portland.

I'm soooo looking forward to hearing this long awaited beauty once you get her home!

Top Bottom