NUD Blackbird Farallon in High G

EmmaQ

Reaction score
Hey, Last week I mentioned on Good Boy Uke's post that I have also gotten the new Blackbird Farallon and that I love it. A couple of you have asked that I include a sound sample. Well, I'm recovering from a sprained left thumb AND I am at best, an intermediate player so I asked my step son and music teacher to record a sound sample for everyone. The link to his recording is below. Enjoy and feel free to ask any questions.
http://youtu.be/I0HrPNSpj1A

Thanks for going through all that effort, it was worth it, sounds great. Even in high G it still has a full powerful sound, you should be very, very pleased with that instrument for a long time to come. It is excellent.

Thanks both of you. How ridiculous it is to sprain a thumb a few weeks after getting a new ukulele. ��

Last edited:
Congrats! He's a really good player. I hope he gives your uke back to you! (if not, just buy another like it)

Thank you EmmaQ and your step son for the sound sample. the Farallon is very clear and crisp with notes that stand out picking or strummed. Your collective efforts are appreciated. Sounds great to me.

Oooh lovely. Now want this in addition to my Clara. It needs a bigger brother!

Congratulations Bib, your new uke sounds really awesome, especially with the excellent demo by your son. Best wishes for a speedy recovery & a quick return to your music.

+1. Can't say it any better.

Thanks for all the kind comments. Like a lot of you, I've bought and sold at least 4 or 5 ukuleles the last few years always looking for "The One". One was a custom build, one a K brand, and a couple other midpriced ones- all good instruments for sure, but none of them have touched me like the Clara and now the Farallon. I LOVE their deep full tone, playability, sustainability, AND, I don't have to keep them humidified! BUT, back to what I love best about both my Clara and Farallon.... tone!! Gorgeous.

Amazing tone and playing! Thanks for sharing. I ordered a Farallon directly from Blackbird and it is scheduled to ship on 7/22. I also have a Clara and look forward to big brother joining the family...

Top Bottom