Autograph advice

fopianki

Reaction score
I have a concert Kamaka that Jake signed on the front lower bout. I also have a centennial tenor and a 2015 tenor Kamaka. I am thinking about going to Elderly's Mighty Uke weekend soon. Chris Kamaka will be there. I would like him to sign one of my Kamakas. Should I designate my concert as my "autograph instrument" along with Jake's "Aloha Jake" or have him sign my centennial tenor? Frank

If it was me and knowing Chris will be there, I woud have him sign the Centennial because it is the 100th Anniversary model.

Do you ever plan on selling it?
If so.. Im not sure autographs enhance the value.
Personally I would not want an autographed uke.. unless it was like.. actually owned and played by the artist.. then maybe.

On the otherhand.. if it's in sharpie and it's a gloss finish... rubbing alcohol should take it off cleanly.

I have a cheap Uke I built from a kit as my autograph Uke. So far I have Jake, UOGB, and Peter Moss autographs. If I were going to get Chris Kamaka to autograph one I would get him to sign your concert. That way you have one instrument with these memories on it that you can explain to your grandkids one day.

I think that the autograph would make it harder to sell the Kamaka, so I personally would think it would be a better idea to keep them all on the concert.

But, the real question is what would bring YOU the most enjoyment. If you love the idea of the autograph on the tenor, (I could understand if that would make the tenor even more special to you), then the tenor would be the correct choice.

Get him to sign the label. It makes it extra special but is much more subtle.

BAM. There it is.

I would let anyone sign any of my instruments. I think it kills resale value. Many less prospects think it is neat.

But the label. That is a great idea Matt.

I think that the autograph would make it harder to sell the Kamaka, so I personally would think it would be a better idea to keep them all on the concert.

But, the real question is what would bring YOU the most enjoyment. If you love the idea of the autograph on the tenor, (I could understand if that would make the tenor even more special to you), then the tenor would be the correct choice.
what he said. it's your uke. I wouldn't let anyone autograph my nice ukes though.

Thanks Sam. I'd love a Sam Kamaka signature but only on my labels. I don't like the look of a big scrawled sharpy autograph on a beautiful ukulele.

Ive never signed a tattoo yet my work to those who know is as good as a signature. I do own a couple signed spiderman comic books. Two Torment issues in a mini series signed by "Todd Mcfarlane" Before he went on to co-create Image comics.

Do as thou wilt is the whole of the law. Love is the law, love under will. I'm not so into Thelema but the saying fit. I myself follow no ones will but my own as you should follow yours.

~A.S.~

I think you should only have autographs on the Kamaka you have no intention of playing.

Sincerely

Ask him to sign a picture of you holding the ukulele. Frame it, hang on wall, play the ukulele!

Top Bottom