Garage sale gig.

Rllink

Reaction score
My wife and I have been unloading junk for two years now. We have trimmed down our collection of stuff considerably, and the last three weeks we have been piling everything that we don't want, don't need, and everything that we have three or four or more of in the garage, and Friday we are having a huge garage sale. I am so excited about that.

So yesterday I was trying to entertain my wife with my ukulele while she priced things. I was supposed to be helping, that's why I said trying, and I came up with the idea that I'm going to provide live entertainment for our garage sale. I wonder how that will go? Instead of helping out with the pricing this morning, I set up all my amps and other equipment, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to practice out there tonight. I wonder if anyone else has done that? A garage sale with live music? All I need is a taco truck out front, and it would be epic. I'm going to look into that.

Last edited:
<snip> I came up with the idea that I'm going to provide live entertainment for our garage sale. I wonder how that will go?
<snip> I wonder if anyone else has done that?

I have never seen live entertainment at a garage sale. I think you have a first, and you'll probably be the leading edge of a new trend.
I recommend that your wife make up a price tag to put on your uke, amp, and (of course) you. That should provide some humor.
When it's all done please post a gig report. Photos too if you have them.

Man, that sounds awesome! Wish I could be there, but we are trying to divest ourselves of stuff too. In fact, our little town is having a city-wide garage sale starting Thurs and running through Sunday and we are going to try to get rid of a TON of stuff.

It's funny how things accumulate. At the end of 2010 we lost almost everything in a flood (I know I keep bringing that up on this forum, and I apologize)--all we really had left were clothes, towels, some kitchen supplies, personal care items/toiletries, some CDs and our vehicles.

But now, less than 6 years later, you'd never know we had gone through that.

Too much, too much. Too much "stuff." I don't want it anymore. let someone else deal with it. I'll always have a few special books, little box of photos, other keepsakes...things I don't want to completely part with, but primarily I would like to get down to where we could live out of a couple of duffel bags a piece. And we are slowly inching towards that.

Sorry to ramble. Good luck with the sale--any chance you could shoot some footage of your performance and post it up here?

Last edited:
My wife and I have been unloading junk for two years now. We have trimmed down our collection of stuff considerably, and the last three weeks we have been piling everything that we don't want, don't need, and everything that we have three or four or more of in the garage, and Friday we are having a huge garage sale. I am so excited about that.

So yesterday I was trying to entertain my wife with my ukulele while she priced things. I was supposed to be helping, that's why I said trying, and I came up with the idea that I'm going to provide live entertainment for our garage sale. I wonder how that will go? Instead of helping out with the pricing this morning, I set up all my amps and other equipment, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to practice out there tonight. I wonder if anyone else has done that? A garage sale with live music? All I need is a taco truck out front, and it would be epic. I'm going to look into that.

A taco truck would be epic, no doubt about it. I for one, am a guaranteed customer of any little kid with a lemonade stand. Lemonade, cookies, live music and a garage full of "good stuff" would make for an amazing sale.

I have played before at my wife,s garage sale. When I play at home she sends me to the bedroom at the end of the hall, so while playing at the sale I think she was giving me the stink eye but a lot of people seemed to really enjoy it, and a couple of young people said they were going to get ukes themselves. So even though she may not have liked the idea I think it is a good one. And by the way, she did really well at her sale.

I play at our juried art show exhibits. One of the crowd favorites is "You can always get what you want (cause we take custom orders)."

Top Bottom