new Planet Waves NS micro sound hole tuner

Just ordered one from Chicago Music Exchange for $16. Looking forward to trying it.

Hi Folks: A new tuner just came out.

Here's a video...

Thanks for the link and video guys!

DAMMIT, LOL

I thought I was DONE with tuners....ya know, now I gotta get at least ONE of these....DAMMIT

I got tuners coming out of my xxx.

'Tuner Acquisition Syndrome' is REAL folks. :)

Last edited:
I got tuners coming out of my xxx.
Well, then the new ...hole tuner might be exactly right for you :p;)
(sorry, couldn't resist making a really bad joke)

BTT: Considering the soundhole size of ukuleles it might be a bit "fiddly" to operate - but if that doesn't bother you it looks like a good idea

I can see dropping it into the body of the instrument at least once everytime I put it in place or take it off. Just Murphy's Law. I don't think it would really have much dampening effect, no more then when we anchor a finger in that area while fingerpicking. You don't really get much of the top vibration from the edge of the sound hole because of bracing in that area.

I have the D'Addario micro headstock tuner and while it works fine and is very stealthy (especially on the underside of the headstock) my tired aging eyes appreciate the good ole Snark :)

Are you going to leave it in there while you play?

I think it's made to stay in place, that's what I'm going to do.

I can see dropping it into the body of the instrument at least once everytime I put it in place or take it off. Just Murphy's Law.

See above.

I have the D'Addario micro headstock tuner and while it works fine and is very stealthy (especially on the underside of the headstock) my tired aging eyes appreciate the good ole Snark :)

I have those too, though they can be finicky at times on my bass ukes.

Thanks everyone for your input. I bit the bullet and bought the tuner. It arrived today. I was skeptical if it would have sufficient grip on the soundboard, but it is fine, although not a super-tight grip. It is a lovely little unit. Overall I am happy with it, for only a $19.99 purchase.IMG_0200 copy.jpg

That was hilarious Booli.
I got over TAS they day I got my strobe tuner. Expensive but worth every penny.

That was hilarious Booli.
I got over TAS they day I got my strobe tuner. Expensive but worth every penny.

Did you get the Peterson clip on strobe tuner? ($79)

I was looking at that one as well as the TC Electronic PolyTune clip (which has a strobe mode as well as can help tune all the strings at the same time)($49)

But I just cant yet bring myself to spend that much on a tuner...

Thanks everyone for your input. I bit the bullet and bought the tuner. It arrived today. I was skeptical if it would have sufficient grip on the soundboard, but it is fine, although not a super-tight grip. It is a lovely little unit. Overall I am happy with it, for only a $19.99 purchase.View attachment 91117

Thanks for showing us how it fits on a uke. Looks like you've got it installed on one of the Kala KA-ATP model ukes from the Padauk rosette in the photo.

I just saw that these are $19 on Amazon and $16 on Elderly. If you have Amazon Prime, by the time you factor in the $6.95 shipping on Elderly, it's cheaper to buy from Amazon.

http://smile.amazon.com/DAddario-Micro-Sound-Hole-Tuner/dp/B018K9K034

http://www.elderly.com/planet-waves-by-d-addario-ns-micro-soundhole-tuner.htm

Mine is coming from Amazon today; will report this evening.

New info from Amazon - it has been delayed and won't be here until tomorrow. :(

Last edited:
My boss (guitar and mandolin player) got one for his "office" guitar and he loves it. He much prefers it to headstock tuners, but the only issue is being careful when removing it so it doesn't fall into the body of the instrument.

I've got several of the D'Addario and a Reverb headstock tuners, so I"m good for now, but this is intriguing. The next time I'm at a music festival where D'Addario has a merch booth I may pick one up.

Top Bottom