FS One of 2 vintage Favilla [pre paper label] baritone ukuleles

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
I have several doubles of ukuleles. I have 2 of these Favilla baritones.These will blow you away with their tone. I will sell one and keep one. I have just put the same new strings on [Pro arte titanium baritone, ej87b] and they sound identical. one one has a pick up[ #1][AXL Acoustic Guitar Transducer Pickup with Endpin Jack]and is in better shape. The other one [#2] came with a missing lower back brace[which will be included]. They are both solid players with NO playing issues and plenty of mojo. all original except the pu I installed in #1. I will post sound samples when I get a chance. they are not quite as fancy as the Martins and Gibby's , but I prefer the tone and neck profile of these.very light , for a bari. 19 " scale, and they sound great tuned to C w/ SC linear too. prefer paypal friends and family. If not 100% satisfied, return for refund minus shipping.
#1 has some what appear to be small cracks on top. ? no movement and they may just be in the finish, hard to tell with so much crazing.strum marks that did not photograph well. 1 long crack on back. not cleated and no movement. some belly, but these are 1 piece back/tops and lightly braced, so some warping of the tops are typical in these older Favillas. I have seen some near perfect ones, but the good ones tend to get played, as these have.
#2 has no back or side crack, 2 on the top. there is significant belly and bridge tilt. action is great w/ no bussing.
#1, $300 shipped CONUS, double boxed, no case
#2, $250 "

I also have 2 Lanikai 8 stringers which will be up next.
quick sound sample of #2, picked, strummed. I;ll do one w/o annoying voice. https://youtu.be/mpglO2q4XkA
#1 pics first [on Right]
DSC05159.jpgDSC05179.jpgDSC05182.jpgDSC05180.jpgDSC05188.jpg

Last edited:

you may win he dirtiest uke ever contest with this one.
DSC05160.jpgDSC05161.jpgDSC05162.jpgDSC05163.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05169.jpg
    DSC05169.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom