KoAloha Movie Post Stream thread

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Hey everybody. Thanks for tuning in! What did you guys think of the movie and the story? Hope you all had fun!

That was fun. I really enjoyed the story! Thanks to UU and Hawaiian Moon for airing it.:shaka:

made me proud to have one!

Alvin seems like a really cool, grandfatherly type of guy. Great storyteller. I'm not even religious but I was genuinely moved by the story. And the animation was perfect; it didn't distract from the story at all. The facial expressions alone were worth it!

Thanks for hosting the movie, UU! And thanks again for the awesome swag. :D

What a great story. Divine Providence. I love the name's translation. Thanks for screening the film. Keep up the good work.

Mucho Mahalo to all!

Hey guys,

Just want to send a special shout out to Ryan and Aaron from UU who made the suggestion to have this screening and who really made it all possible. If it wasn't for their initial idea and their persistence to do it, this screening here on UU wouldn't have happened.

I know everyone has busy lives so I appreciate that you took the time out to watch the film and to be a part of the amazing KoAloha experience from wherever you were in the world. It was kind of cool to think that everyone was watching this film at the same time from all around the world. I'm still blown away by that.

Hopefully, there was something there that can make you appreciate your KoAloha instrument just a little bit more or if you don't have one maybe it'll make you think about getting one. :)

To know there is a story behind it all really makes it even more amazing.

And really the fact that we even put the darn thing together was a miracle in itself. So it's really been a labor of love to make something out of nothing and so I know at least from me and Rocky, who made the amazing artwork and worked with me on all the story boards, we just want to say thank you for watching and being a part of what I think is really the first world wide screening of a ukulele animated documentary film right here on UU.

Anyone who PM'd me after the film and who wrote a review for IMDB, you got a DVD coming your way!

And for those who will get the DVD please pass the film around show it to your friends and family, your worst enemies, no maybe not your worst enemies--:)

Thanks for spreading the word. For us this is like the little film that could and to have it screened here on Ukulele Underground we feel really blessed and honored.

So mahalos to all!

Gmoe (aka Gary San Angel)

Last edited:
I left a dinner party early to get home and catch it. My kiddo got to stay up late and watch it too.

Well done. Good story and the animation was approved of by the local less-than-5-year-old crowd.

it's 3.51am here in england and was well worth staying up for! us europeans are hardcore

Aw! I missed it too...driving home. Is it gunna be aired anywhere else anytime soon so that we the ones who missed it could watch it?

My kiddo got to stay up late and watch it too.

Well done. Good story and the animation was approved of by the local less-than-5-year-old crowd.

Wow, that's awesome! We have your 5 year old's stamp of approval. Very nice! Paul Okami's son Noah also gave his stamp of approval when we were in Hawaii.

Honestly it means a lot. Kids no if they like something or not they'll let you know for sure..

Yeah, as Alan said at the end of the film we hope to put together a book version it will be a cross between a graphic novel and a children's book, it is in the works as we speak, we'll hopefully post a few samples pics on the new dedicated KoAloha Ukulele Story film page here:

http://www.koaloha.com/News/KoAlohaStory.html

So stay tuned!

Yeah I missed out too. I'd love to see it.

We'll be replaying it throughout the week. We have a lot of fans in europe would would like a chance to see the film as well so we'll probably do one at like 8:00am Hawaii time this week.

Ya I missed it too. Easter came a day early this year.. So didnt get home in time to watch it.. Will be looking forward to the replays

apparently there were some pictures of me. missed it, i was practicing driving. in my defense, i watched it already.

The story itself is awe-inspiring. I loved the simplicity of the animation, and the storytelling format. I'm looking forward to the book! I'll be ordering a dvd because I tried to write a review and they wanted ten lines and I could only come up with four. lol

Please ask KoAloha to make mini ukes again because I REALLY REALLY want one!! :)

Top Bottom