Have any one bought Final Fantasy Ukulele Solo Collection?

SoloRule

Reaction score
I came across this book by accident, reviews have been great but there seem to be various versions (judging by the book cover). Not sure if the different is just language.
Here is the English from amazon but they do not deliver to a Canadian address (what's else is new?) this is why I am looking at ebay.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-Ukulele-Collections-Score/dp/4904456130

Here is one from ebay that deliver to Canadian address but the cover looks different.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Final-Fantas...414961?hash=item464d0d19f1:g:W9wAAOSw3ydV2SW2

Since they are not available for sneak preview inside, if you own the book can you tell me if they are written in tab format and that the arrangements make sense?
This is the CD that is included in the book and they sound pretty good. Take a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjC9vLi66Xw

$_12.JPG51A+rpximxL._SX361_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

From a comment on Amazon:
"Yeah, it has tab. It's really wonderful, I hope they release a second volume!"

But it might be worth trying to post a question on Amazon and seeing if anyone responds, since someone else says:
"They are also quite easy to learn and play (if you can read music score)."
Maybe by music score, they mean tab, but to me, it means standard notation. Maybe it has both?

From a comment on Amazon:
"Yeah, it has tab. It's really wonderful, I hope they release a second volume!"

But it might be worth trying to post a question on Amazon and seeing if anyone responds, since someone else says:
"They are also quite easy to learn and play (if you can read music score)."
Maybe by music score, they mean tab, but to me, it means standard notation. Maybe it has both?

Yes I saw that review as well but Amazon.com do not deliver this to Canada. This is why I had to look at ebay and the book cover is not the same. Just wondering if I should purchase from ebay and worry it's not the same arrangement . The one from amazon sounds very nice if you click on the youtube link

The book just arrived. $_12.JPG
It is indeed the newer version and the CD sounds great.
It is in music notes as well as Uke tabs (finger style). Easy arrangement (but not boring) . Its sound beautiful on the CD (not computer generated).

I would say this may not be a beginners book although instruction comes with the book ( in Japanese only). Highly recommended for anyone enjoy finger style. It is easier than Corey's version but the result is almost as good that is if you play like Corey. Total over 32 songs. Worth every penny.

Last edited:
The book just arrived. View attachment 91836
It is indeed the newer version and the CD sounds great.
It is in music notes as well as Uke tabs (finger style). Easy arrangement (but not boring) . Its sound beautiful on the CD (not computer generated).

I would say this may not be a beginners book although instruction comes with the book ( in Japanese only). Highly recommended for anyone enjoy finger style. It is easier than Corey's version but the result is almost as good that is if you play like Corey. Total over 32 songs. Worth every penny.

Hi, I am new here, and I am from Malaysia. I can't find any source that sell this book here. Is there anyway for me to have soft copy of your book ? Appreciate it very much. Hope you can help me

Hi, I am new here, and I am from Malaysia. I can't find any source that sell this book here. Is there anyway for me to have soft copy of your book ? Appreciate it very much. Hope you can help me

Sorry you cannot locate the book. Do you have eBay in Malaysia? Maybe you can check there?

I ordered from eBay that takes me into a Japanese site.
Just go to eBay.com
They ship internationally

Thanks for the great tip.
I received mine last week - ordered via ebay directly from a seller in Japan. Book was dispatched in about 2 days since order/paypal payment, and I received it about one week later.

Book combines arrangements in beginner to intermediate levels in my opinion.
IMHO - player that manages basic chord changes will have no problem working with most of the songs.
Some songs are fairly "raw" - just a melody line plucking one note at a time. Most songs are combination of melodic line and overlapping notes/chords, and sound pretty nice considering fairly low (I mean it in a good way, not depreciating the book) difficulty of arrangements.

Recommendation that you gave to check the songs on youtube is great when considering the order - arrangements in the book are IMHO 1:1 what you can hear (there's no extra backing in the audio tracks to misguide what book offers)...

Would someone who has the book post the ISBN number, please? :)
I'm looking for the ISBN for the newer edition, with songs from FFI-XV. The ISBN for the older (FFI-XII) edition is 978-4904456132.

Update: Found it!
Final Fantasy Ukulele Solo Collection ISBN 978-4865710014

And there's also this:
Ukulele Solo Album Final Fantasy Works Collection (TAB Score) ISBN 978-4285139426

Last edited:
Top Bottom