DIY Uke

haha, they called it a little 4 string guitar :rotfl:

if you have fun with this project and want to get more serious in uke building, go to pete howlett's website. He has great kits to buy and top quality selections in wood. he also has youtube videos that explain and demonstrate techniques used in ukulele building.

It's the same Basswood bodied one that Thomann sell in Germany for about 20 euro's. I've almost finished making one. They also do a Mahogany bodied one (ply) for about 10 euro's more and it has a much nicer fingerboard.

Ian.

Attachments

• 16270001_00_g.jpg
    16270001_00_g.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 7
While I was there I saw the Nose Flute!
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...&isProduct=true&cross-sell=true&guide-bn=true

Could you play it while playing the uke? Someone would have to hold it for you. What a great look! :cool:
Now.. if only I could breathe through my nose... mild allergies hinder me.
–Lori

this is such a "ukulele thing" i am not sure why.. but if there is a funky music making thing out there.. the ukers and going to strap it to there face and play it!!!!

That's a Grizzly kit, get it here and save a bunch of money

Ditto that! I have a Grizzly kit that I'm working on for my 3-year-old daughter. It was $24.95 plus 6 or so for shipping. Mahogany ply. Nice looking, but Emma says it has to be red, so the appearance of the wood doesn't really matter...

Ditto that! I have a Grizzly kit that I'm working on for my 3-year-old daughter. It was $24.95 plus 6 or so for shipping. Mahogany ply. Nice looking, but Emma says it has to be red, so the appearance of the wood doesn't really matter...

It's on sale! I might get one and make a Pink Hello Kitty one for my 4 year old. Something like this:
2cff_1.JPG
Maybe she'll stop stealing my uke.

wwwdot nosefluteunderground dotcom

I can see it now. lol

While I was there I saw the Nose Flute!
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...&isProduct=true&cross-sell=true&guide-bn=true

Could you play it while playing the uke? Someone would have to hold it for you. What a great look! :cool:
Now.. if only I could breathe through my nose... mild allergies hinder me.
–Lori

My brother-in-law gave me a nose flute years ago. I got to where I could play a passable version of Beethoven's Ode to Joy on it - then stepped on it and never really felt the need for another. I guess I reached the pinnacle of noseflutedom and decided to end on a high note. I never wanted to end up on skid row, playing Barry Manilow on the noseflute for pennies, just hoping to raise enough cash to feed my odd instruments habit...

Top Bottom