Meghan Trainor on the Howard Stern Show with her rhinestone ukulele

I wont comment on Howard Stern, since he is such a polarizing personality, but I was never into any music by Meghan Trainor, since with most Pop music it all seems so overproduced to me now (having been a DJ at one time), but with such a simple arrangement and performance, and ACTUALLY being able to focus on the words - it's like I'm hearing that song for the first time (again).

L.A. Reid is no joke and major heavyweight record company executive - so if she auditioned with her uke - and HE was impressed - that's pretty cool.

I mean, if he can appreciate music played on the ukulele, then maybe there's hope for more of it to become mainstream and not relegated to such a small niche of the market.

One can only hope, right? :music:

Stan, this video was a great FIND! Thanks for sharing! :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wow thank you guys, awesome versions. ..who is the blonde with the pipes?

More importantly - who is the raven-haired beauty with the legs? (I know... I'm sorry.)

It is a pretty decent song - it does exactly what you'd expect an infectious bit of bubblegum pop to do, in that you might well find yourself humming the melody in the shower (in spite of all your best intentions). The level of debate generated by it (ie "it is the greatest anti-body-facism anthem of our time" vs "it's an insidious piece of anti-feminism about looking good for boys") seems a little absurd to me. On the other hand, if it has led to even one person having a more positive self-image as a result of hearing it then good.

I can't say that I care much for anything else Trainor has done - and I find her a little irritating, in that she seems to be under the delusion that she is "straight outta Compton", when (to my understanding) she is actually from Nantucket.

Top Bottom