Martin Concert 0XK ...

Ukuleledad

Reaction score
... surely it's only a matter of time.

Who would buy one?

Probably for the same money, you could get a C1K, which is a top notch instrument. If you need the all-weather capabilities, I suppose an OXK concert would be the better choice.

I'd buy one if I was looking. Perhaps I don't understand the point of the question. Are you thinking of selling one? Thinking of buying one? Wondering if they're worth $250? (Sure are, by the way)

The soprano is a bit neck heavy IME and i think that would be a lot worse in the concert. Still I'd love to try one...

I'd buy one if I was looking. Perhaps I don't understand the point of the question. Are you thinking of selling one? Thinking of buying one? Wondering if they're worth $250? (Sure are, by the way)

My thoughts are that Martin make quite a few guitars & a new range of ukuleles from HPL, surely it is only a matter of time before they ADD a concert uke to the line up.

The soprano is a bit neck heavy IME and i think that would be a lot worse in the concert. Still I'd love to try one...

Agreed, but the extra weight of the bigger concert body may help offset it. I'd be interested

KoAloha has revived their quality laminate offerings with the revamped KoAlana lineup in soprano, concert, tenor. Perhaps Martin will take notice and offer the OXK (or the new bamboo sticker version - OXB?) in larger sizes as well.

The new KoAlana laminates are excellent. I have a concert KoAlana and a 0XK. They serve different purposes, but the KoAlana sure is lighter, even though it's a smaller instrument.

Top Bottom