string change

nikolo727

Reaction score
if i were to change string type on my uke. say aquilas to D'addarios, would I have to do anything to the uke itself, like adjust the saddle or nut???

if i were to change string type on my uke. say aquilas to D'addarios, would I have to do anything to the uke itself, like adjust the saddle or nut???

The only time you would really have to do any changes would be with the nut, but only if: 1) you find certain frets now buzz when you play, or 2) the string guage is too big and it doesnt seat well in the groove of the nut. Other than that you may be lucky and not have to do a thing.

The only time you would really have to do any changes would be with the nut, but only if: 1) you find certain frets now buzz when you play, or 2) the string guage is too big and it doesnt seat well in the groove of the nut. Other than that you may be lucky and not have to do a thing.

in other words, pray youre not unlucky and have to do something.

Too many variables to know until you do it, Nick: string gauges, current nut slot depth and width, string tensions... all factors.

Good luck!

I made this string switch on a Tenor Luhua uke. I had to widen where the C string sat in the nut cuz the D'addarios J71s were much thicker. The rest were fine.

Filing down the nut grooves and the saddle wasnt too hard. I ended up lowering the action. Feels much better now...

Its not hard. just take your time

Good luck

Top Bottom