HUNI Spalted Mango Concert

D_X

Reaction score
I'm an American living in the Philippines for the last five years.
Finding a branded ukulele here is a lesson in futility, but I got lucky finding a Córdoba U100 four months ago and started my journey into playing the uke...

A month ago I contacted Syo at UkeCebu Ukulele Shop. Syo was very professional and answered all my questions via email, always with fast replies to all my question.

I ordered a custom concert Spalted mango concert for my birthday treat to myself. Yesterday Syo sent me a email saying the assembly was done sending me pictures of my new HUNI mango concert uke...

Solid Spalted Mango front back and sides
Ebony fretboard, headstock and bridge
Ebony bindings
Mahogany neck
Paua unique sound hole rosette
Cow bone nut and saddle
Grover StaTight tuners
Aquila strings
Satin finish

Here is my HUNI.

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

Congratulations D_X, please keep us updated with more photos once it is completed, it looks very cool so far.

I'm very excited, yes I'll keep everyone updated.

Thank you!

Wow, that is really beautiful already - will be even more so when finished. Lucky you!

Looks fantastic. Hope it turns out to be all you want. It is a wonderful exercise to commission a custom build for yourself.

Looks fantastic. Hope it turns out to be all you want. It is a wonderful exercise to commission a custom build for yourself.

Thank you!

I'm sure it will be more then the Córdoba I'm playing now... Although this Córdoba does sound sweet to my ear.

Very pretty grain. I'm curious to see how it looks finished. I thought the first pic was black-n-white until I saw the back of the neck in the others. Interesting.

Very pretty grain. I'm curious to see how it looks finished. I thought the first pic was black-n-white until I saw the back of the neck in the others. Interesting.

Thank you Jim, I'm excited to see as well...

Here is a uke a week ahead of mine with the finish applied, looks like the color comes out.
image_6.jpeg

Love the spalted figuring. Look forward to hearing your thoughts. It will be nice to have two ukes. BTW, I've owned two Cordoba's and they were really great values.

Man, that is a work of art and a thing of beauty! I really like the shape especially.

Update...

This afternoon Syo sent pictures of side and back of my HUNI, finish applied...

image_7.jpeg

image_8.jpeg

I guess Syo forgot to send me this third photo, this was posted on his FB page today...

image_9.jpeg

Last edited:
The Huni is completed... I'll take delivery in two weeks.

Thank you all for your comments.

image_10.jpeg

I own a Huni tear drop tenor also in all mango and it sounds good. I hope yours will as well! Good luck!

Quick update on my HUNI mango concert

This ukulele sounds amazing, the sustain is long and beautiful. It's quite it a good way, doesn't bark. Sings like an angel. Rings like a bell.

Compared to the Córdoba I had to begin learning on, this HUNI is far far superior in tone and sound. Playability is very very nice...

I am more then pleased!

Top Bottom