LfdM eye candy

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
HMS just put up three new LfdM tenors on their Vimeo channel, two are for sale on their site. Luis had sent them four tenors so I guess two are sold already. Simon and I had the great pleasure of seeing these before they were shipped out. Simon took some great pictures so I thought I would share them with you. Unfortunately the pics were sent to me imbedded in a email and not attachments so the quality of these postings are not very good.

Sunday morning eye candy for those ukulele obsessed among us. Yes I am talking about you :drool:

IMG_7686.jpgIMG_7683.jpgIMG_7682.jpgIMG_7681.jpgIMG_7673.jpg

Last edited:
What pix to wake up to.....

If I weren't already in love with another (no, not the Takamine, although it does have its place), I would be seriously tempted.

Last edited:
What pix to wake up to.....

If I weren't already in love with my own, I would be seriously tempted.

The cedar and curly mahogany is amazing sounding. The grain in that piece of mahogany is unbelievable and the cedar top is 80 years old. It was Luis's favorite sounding of the batch. But mine was the sinker redwood and Simons was the Carpanthian spruce.

Andrew's photography is way better, and Corey's video was excellent.

The tone and quality of work is superb.

Good luck to the lucky buyer.

Just from a sound perspective te redwood is my favorite, they are all wonderful of course but that one just rings so clearly.

Both are wonderful and very hard to resist!

Nice photos, nice ukes. They are just stunning. I'd have one like these if I was filthy rich.

I know Luis makes great instruments, these certainly are beautiful, but I really miss the classic gypsy jazz bridge and tailpiece. I know he says they compromise the sound of a uke, but after years of longing for a Django gypsy jazz guitar that I could never afford back when, the ukes seem unfinished to me without them.

Last edited:
I know Luis makes great instruments, these certainly are beautiful, but I really miss the classic gypsy jazz bridge and tailpiece. I know he says they compromise the sound of a uke, but after years of longing for a Django gypsy jazz guitar that could never afford back when, the ukes seem unfinished to me without them.

Looks can be a very personal thing but Luis is all about sound. He would not let me make a slight change to the bridge shape because of that. Listening to him talk about the smallest of details and how it effects sound is like listening to the Steven Hawkings of lutherie. But I know how you feel Mike, when you really like the look of something that is what you want.

Last edited:
The cedar and curly mahogany is amazing sounding. The grain in that piece of mahogany is unbelievable and the cedar top is 80 years old. It was Luis's favorite sounding of the batch. But mine was the sinker redwood and Simons was the Carpanthian spruce.

this one gone already...but here is the sound sample

https://vimeo.com/166647650

Yes, especially when it's coming to me. ;-)

Hear, hear! Andrew and his team do a great job of showcasing ukes, regardless of their price point.

You know Eddie, with the line up you have ... congratulations ... this LFdM was delicisousness. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom