Hawaiian Ukulele FS $350

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickblue65

Reaction score
Hawaiian Tenor Ukulele FS $300

I purchased this tenor ukulele in 2012 from Hawaiian Ukulele and Guitar. It was made by Robert Yates. I paid $1100. I have lowered my original asking price to $300. It comes with a hard case. Shipping $50 within the US. Although made in Hawaii it is solid acacia would top and sides. It has an abalone rosette. It's a nice sounding uke. Although my playing skills are limited I am happy to send you sample sound files if you are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
what scale length is it? soprano, concert, tenor, baritone?

It sounds great, at least to my ears. I would attach a sound file if I could figure out how. I quickly made a few simply by recording myself playing with Quicktime on my macbook but it seems I can't attach them. If anyone's interested I would be happy to send them via a private email.

It sounds great, at least to my ears. I would attach a sound file if I could figure out how. I quickly made a few simply by recording myself playing with Quicktime on my macbook but it seems I can't attach them. If anyone's interested I would be happy to send them via a private email.

You cannot ATTACH videos here in the forum, however you can EMBED them.

Most folks will take such a Quicktime MOV file (or if on Windows you have to convert it to MP4 if YT does not accept AVI or WMV files - I dont recall exactly) and UPLOAD it to YouTube, which requires a YouTube account (which is free).

Then once uploaded to YouTube, you can take the URL of that video and COPY it to the clipboard of your computer/phone/tablet. and in the message editor window there is an icon, the second from the end on the right side that looks like a film strip, and when you click that, it gives you a text box where you PASTE the URL that you just copied to the clipboard, and then CLICK on OK.

Just make sure that in the settings of the video that you just uploaded that it is not set to PRIVATE but to UNLISTED or PUBLIC instead - for if it is set to PRIVATE when folks click the link for it to play, there will be no video for them to see, regardless of embedding it here in the forum. PRIVATE blocks everyone except the uploader (when LOGGED IN to YT) from seeing the video.

After doing that, your video will show up inside your message here on UU.

It's not complicated, but the first time doing it may seem like a lot. But folks are doing it every day, all the time here on UU.

One of the main reasons that you cannot ATTACH a video directly to the forum, is that videos take up HUGE amounts of storage space compared to ALL the text of the forum, and it would cost the owners of UU lots of time and money to manage, store and backup all of these thousands of thousands of videos, thus the burden of storage or 'HOSTING' is upon YouTube, i.e., Google which is a giant behemoth fat-cat of a company with at least a hundred billion of dollars in the bank and close to a million servers located in server farms all over the world...

IIRC, all of UU is owned and run by like only 4-5 guys, and the forum itself has a handful of volunteer moderators...

Sorry for the off-topic to the sale of your wonderful uke, but just trying to help and explain how to get a video into your post.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for explanation. I'm a bit shy to make a youtube video of myself playing this so if any of you want a sound file I can email you one, although I don't do the uke justice.

You cannot ATTACH videos here in the forum, however you can EMBED them.

Most folks will take such a Quicktime MOV file (or if on Windows you have to convert it to MP4 if YT does not accept AVI or WMV files - I dont recall exactly) and UPLOAD it to YouTube, which requires a YouTube account (which is free).

Then once uploaded to YouTube, you can take the URL of that video and COPY it to the clipboard of your computer/phone/tablet. and in the message editor window there is an icon, the second from the end on the right side that looks like a film strip, and when you click that, it gives you a text box where you PASTE the URL that you just copied to the clipboard, and then CLICK on OK.

Just make sure that in the settings of the video that you just uploaded that it is not set to PRIVATE but to UNLISTED or PUBLIC instead - for if it is set to PRIVATE when folks click the link for it to play, there will be no video for them to see, regardless of embedding it here in the forum. PRIVATE blocks everyone except the uploader (when LOGGED IN to YT) from seeing the video.

After doing that, your video will show up inside your message here on UU.

It's not complicated, but the first time doing it may seem like a lot. But folks are doing it every day, all the time here on UU.

One of the main reasons that you cannot ATTACH a video directly to the forum, is that videos take up HUGE amounts of storage space compared to ALL the text of the forum, and it would cost the owners of UU lots of time and money to manage, store and backup all of these thousands of thousands of videos, thus the burden of storage or 'HOSTING' is upon YouTube, i.e., Google which is a giant behemoth fat-cat of a company with at least a hundred billion of dollars in the bank and close to a million servers located in server farms all over the world...

IIRC, all of UU is owned and run by like only 4-5 guys, and the forum itself has a handful of volunteer moderators...

Sorry for the off-topic to the sale of your wonderful uke, but just trying to help and explain how to get a video into your post.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for explanation. I'm a bit shy to make a youtube video of myself playing this so if any of you want a sound file I can email you one, although I don't do the uke justice.

no problem - I'm glad to help.

FWIW, with Quicktime you can also record as audio-only and save it as an MOV file (yes as a VIDEO that has SOUND-only), which can then be uploaded to YouTube, or EXPORTED from Quicktime to an AIFF or WAV file which you can also share via Dropbox, SoundCloud or via email as you had said previously.

You can upload sound files to Soundcloud.com and share them here. It's also free for basic services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom