RIP Guy Clark

lakesideglenn

Reaction score
I just heard that Guy Clark passed away today. Best of the Texas singer/songwriters IMHO
RIP Guy!

Yeah, definitely a great one and a true talent. He will be missed. Coincidentally, just a few days ago I got the chords for "I don't love you much do I" to learn as one of my first uke songs.

I used to play a lot of Guy's songs on guitar before the uke totally corrupted my life…this is one of his old tunes I did for Seasons a couple yrs ago

Godspeed Guy. I'm sure Susanna and Townes will be waiting.

Thank you for such great songs.

I just learned of this when I saw a comment by Warren Haynes on social media today. GC had a real gift, my favourite song was "The Guitar". Clever stuff.

One of the finest songwriters ever. RIP brother. Having a "Homegrown Tomato" sandwich for lunch today.

Sorry to hear this.

Many people at our sing around last night were playing Guy Clark songs. There were many songs I knew from hearing at sing arounds that I never knew were his. Great songs. I'm sure one of the Seasons will turn his way.

I heard him sing "Boats to Build" for the first time this week, and immediately had to learn the tune (I think Jimmy Buffett wrote it, but I love the simplicity of Clark's version). It's the last song I played before bed last night, and first song I wanted to play when I woke up today.

Guy Clark sure built some beautiful boats. And travelled far upon them. RIP.

Do you guys know which other songs he wrote?
Did Willie sing any of them?

Do you guys know which other songs he wrote?
Did Willie sing any of them?

For his 70th birthday some other prominent artists did an album of his songs. Willie Nelson was not among them. "This One's For Him: A Tribute To Guy Clark".

Top Bottom