FS: Frisco Uke Collector's Item

katysax

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD: Frisco Uke Collector's Item

SOLD. A rare collectors item, the "Frisco" Uke. Made of Mexican Palo Escrito Back and Sides, Spruce Top. Please note: this uke has a slight rattle in the bridge that is probably from a loose brace. For that reason I am asking $200. This includes a hard shell mandolin case that fits it well. The uke looks gorgeous and I've seen these sell for prices around $700. I am selling cheaply to someone who doesn't mind getting it fixed

017c7783220e056a59112a8773963ad227933e34ea.jpg
015cbde4ffca255a852fb15e1c5067518df89262e4.jpg

Last edited:
It's not a chip. It is discolored. Maybe from the string rubbing. But definitely not a chip.

I paid north of $800.00 for mine from MusicGuyMike. This one is a beautiful piece Katysax!

It won't last long at this price...I'm tempted myself.

Wm.

I've never heard of a "Frisco" uke. Can you give us some back ground on the build / builder.
Things I read says it has a concert fret board but a very large body yielding deepe sounds.
Is there a sound sample available anywhere?

Last edited:
Chuck Frayne and Mark Silber got together a few years ago to design a uke based on the Vita Uke design. They had the ukes built in Mexico. Like this one, they were built with Palo Escrito (a rosewood type wood) and spruce. The sound holes are an S and F design instead of seals. The size of the body is kind of large but the neck is a Concert Scale neck. I think a run of 100 was made and that's it. I don't think there are many left. I've seen them sell for $500-700. The wood is beautiful. Someone will very much want it.

Top Bottom