Ziricote Concert

saltytri

Reaction score
Here's the stablemate of the kou concert posted yesterday. Both are genus cordia but they do look a little different. This one is also 16". The top is Western red cedar with extremely tight grain and silking that indicates that it is nearly perfectly quarter sawn.

26528245493_82befb7153_c.jpg

26528244233_90871371d8_c.jpg

26526595234_76c0570faf_c.jpg

26528243483_294a36d7b9_c.jpg

Thanks for asking but it was built to order. The owner is a visual artist whose input was a big part of the success of the project.

Incredible work there, Salty. Simple, clean lines, elegant. The back and sides are gorgeous too. Love it!

-Steve

Yes!!! She's absolutely stunning. I eagerly await its arrival.

Congratulations! I love the patterns of the wood, that has to be one of a kind. Very pretty.

Exception work David........ I have you on my wish list for a tenor is spruce top and ??? Still saving. Love your work.
Cheers

Really striking, just gorgeous. Excellent build as always David, is that the pore fill finish you are now offering?

Dang, that is beautiful. I really love the wood on the back. Nicely done

Really striking, just gorgeous. Excellent build as always David, is that the pore fill finish you are now offering?

Thanks, Dave! No, it's not filled. It's quite a few coats of Tru-Oil applied in a way that levels well to a high gloss.

What a beauty, David! Lucky will be the person who nabs this one!

Last edited:
Very nice. I think I've seen that top before. ;)

That zircote is gorgeous. No wonder they call it landscape figuring.

Good lordy. That is pure class. A work of art.

Ziricote is such a beautiful tonewood.

Top Bottom