Soprano Strings

sTony925

Reaction score
I recently purchased (eBay) what was described as a standard set of soprano strings but when the package arrived there was no indication of soprano anywhere on them. Is there a difference between a standard set of strings for a tenor and soprano ukulele? I'm new and hope I'm making some sense.

Thanks in advance,

sTony

yes there is. There is a difference in length and sometimes even in thickness.

if you want to get top quality strings, go to ebay and type in, "aquila ukuele strings" and you will deffinetely see whether or not they are soprano or not.

if you are still having trouble deciding which strings to buy, use the search function on the ukuleleunderground toolbar. search keyword,"strings" and you will find many different subjects on them.

have fun and keep shredding!!

I recently purchased (eBay) what was described as a standard set of soprano strings but when the package arrived there was no indication of soprano anywhere on them. Is there a difference between a standard set of strings for a tenor and soprano ukulele? I'm new and hope I'm making some sense.

Thanks in advance,

sTony

Can we see a pic of the string package?

Can we see a pic of the string package?

585b_2.JPG

The word "standard" is sometimes used as a synonym for "soprano" in the ukulele world, and this is one of those cases. So you've got a set of soprano strings there - you should be all set.

Top Bottom