"Double" NUD: GString Concert and Maestro Padauk Tenor :-))

Kanya

Reaction score
Hi there,

this is my first NUD and I really hope that you will enjoy my strange little story. I was actually looking for a KoAloha KSM-T2 or perhaps a "regular" KoAloha Soprano when I accidentally discovered a very beautiful concert 'ukulele here in the marketplace. I instantly fell in love with it, send a message to the owner, but then told myself that I already have a nice Kanile'a K1 and thus don't need another 'ukulele in concert size.

I however couldn't refrain from looking at the beautiful photos every single day. After having had a really friendly and interesting conversation with its owner over a few days, I simply felt that I had to get this beautiful instrument.

Some days before, my husband and I had spotted another beautiful 'ukulele which had instantly grasped his attention. So we finally decided that one 'ukulele at a time wouldn't be enough ...

I got mine last Friday and his Maestro tenor arrived today.

We really hope that you might like to see some pictures of our lovely new instruments.

Here, you can see my beautiful GString concert 'ukulele:

G-String_C1_01.jpgG-String_C1_02.jpgG-String_C1_05.jpg

I really fell in love with its warm, very open and at the same time very traditional sound. It's very resonant and incredibly easy to play. It easily lives up to my two Kanile'a 'ukuleles (my Concert K1 and my Diamond Super Tenor) and it has its own lovely and very unique voice which I really enjoy a lot. I'm incredibly thankful to have been gifted with this beauty and would like to express my deepest gratitude to its former owner, Rakelele, who entrusted me with this really exceptional instrument.

My husband's Maestro padauk tenor arrived this afternoon and he also fell in love with it the very first moment he played it tonight:

UT-PA Front links_kl10.jpgUT-PA Bevel_kl10.jpg

I would have liked to upload more photos, but after having uploaded a couple of pictures in another thread a few days ago, the system refuses to let me do so. So in case that you would like to see more photos of our instruments, please let me know how I can upload more pictures without having to make use of an external server.

Best regards
Kanya

Last edited:
Welcome to UU and congratulations on two fantastic new ukuleles. As a newcomer here you certainly have kicked it off in style. I am so glad you bought the G string from Rainer, he is a great guy and a good friend. Both he and his wife play ukulele as well. Maybe you 4 can form a modern day uke version of the "Mommas and Pappas" Enjoy those two new beauties and thanks for sharing.

I could not open the attachment of the G string pictures. Contact a moderator to see if they can fix it.

Welcome to UU and congratulations on your new ukuleles!

I too couldn't open the G String photo, but I have played G Strings before and was very impressed. That Padauk uke is very pretty. Padauk isn't used very much (I've heard it can be difficult to work with for luthiers) but it's a beautiful tonewood. I have a Padauk tenor guitar (with a spruce top) and I'm having a Padauk baritone ukulele built for me.

Happy strumming!

Thank you very much for your kind words. I've just tried to fix the problem with the photo of the GString and hope that you can see it now.

Congratulations on your acquisitions. And remember, a family in the NUD together, stays together. ;-)

Congratulations on your new ukes. They are both stunning! :shaka:

Congats! Im a big fan of G string ukes...i have 2 a soprano and super-soprano and they are both keepers...for now!

So we finally decided that one 'ukulele at a time wouldn't be enough ...

Sometimes the truth will set you free...

Congrats on the new ukes! Play them daily!

Play them daily!

As I really fell in love with the sound and the haptics of my GString, I love to play it every day!

I'm trying to find out how the UU system will allow me to show you more photos of our instruments ...

As I really fell in love with the sound and the haptics of my GString, I love to play it every day!

I'm trying to find out how the UU system will allow me to show you more photos of our instruments ...

Posting photots is fairly easy. I take pictures with my camera or tablet then log on to UU, make a new post with in this thread, click "go advanced" then click "manage attachment" in the window below. You are then taken to the window were you can choice and upload pictures. You can upload a max. of 5 pics per post. If you have more pics just make another post with in this thread. You can do the same on a computer with pics you have saved in a file.

Last edited:
Congrats on both of your beautiful new ukes!

@ DownUpDave:

thank you very much for your help. What you decribe is exactly what I've tried a couple of times, but it doesn't work! When I choose "go advanced", the system shows me all the photos, I've uploaded so far in order to use them in other threads. I however can't delete them there. When I go to the other threads, it's possible to delete some of the photos to make room for new pictures.

I then can upload pictures as long as I only "fill up" the 976.6kb total that the system seems to provide as maximum storage for all photos I've ever uploaded here.

I'm going to show you the problem by the help of two photos:

In no. 1, you can see that the system would allow me to attach three photos to my post because there is still a little bit of room in my overall storage (- please look at the right corner on top of the page).

Photo no. 2 shows that the system refuses to take a fourth picture because it obviously "counts" all pictures I've uploaded in other threads together with the new ones.

Attachments

• problem 01.jpg
    problem 01.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 4
  • problem 02.jpg
    problem 02.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Can"t help with the system stuff, as I am clueless. But, great looking instruments enjoy them immensely!

Those are a couple of gorgeous Ukes. Welcome to UU. I hope you find it as rewarding as I have.

I'm so happy my G-String found such a great new home. Knowing it will be played and well loved has made it easier on me to let it go. It sure is a nice little uke, and so is your husband's new Maestro. I hope they'll bring you lots of joy.

Luckily, Rainer found out why it wasn't possible for me to upload more photos!

I'm how happy to show you some more:

my husband's Maestro padauk tenor:

Attachments

• UT-PA Back links.jpg
    UT-PA Back links.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 5
  • UT-PA Back rechts.jpg
    UT-PA Back rechts.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 6
  • UT-PA Back.jpg
    UT-PA Back.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 8
  • UT-PA Front links.jpg
    UT-PA Front links.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 7
  • UT-PA Front rechts.jpg
    UT-PA Front rechts.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 8
... some more photos of the Maestro ...

Attachments

• UT-PA Front.jpg
    UT-PA Front.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 6
  • UT-PA Griffbrett.jpg
    UT-PA Griffbrett.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 4
  • UT-PA Hals.jpg
    UT-PA Hals.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4
  • UT-PA Kopf.jpg
    UT-PA Kopf.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 4
... and my GString concert which has become my favourite 'ukulele ...

Attachments

• G-String_C1_03.jpg
    G-String_C1_03.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 5
  • G-String_C1_04.jpg
    G-String_C1_04.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 4
  • G-String_C1_05.jpg
    G-String_C1_05.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 7
  • G-String_C1_06.jpg
    G-String_C1_06.jpg