Searching for Information about Giulietta by Vox GC-6P-GN Electric Acoustic Solid Top

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

If anyone can give me any information on this really cool ukulele, It'd be greatly appreciated (images attached).

I've also posted this is marketplace:

"WTB: Giulietta by Vox GC-6P-GN Electric Acoustic Solid Top Archtop Tenor Ukulele, preferably in immaculate condition but happy to look at what any sellers have to offer.

Based in the United Kingdom and ideally looking for a PayPal sale.

Please post a message here or PM me if you can help.

Many thanks,

Keith"

Vox GC-6P-GN_6.JPGVox GC-6P-GN_2.jpgVox GC-6P-GN_1.jpg

"Everybody should have and play a Uke. I love them - the more the merrier!"

George Harrison

George_Harrison.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, if I played Rock n Roll, I'd be on that!

hot damn!

Maverick why did you have to go and do that?!?!?!

Now I want one of these too, insanely bad, and before reading this post, I was blissfully ignorant of their existence.

Thanks a lot man! :)

Magical Mystery Uke

hot damn!

Maverick why did you have to go and do that?!?!?!

Now I want one of these too, insanely bad, and before reading this post, I was blissfully ignorant of their existence.

Thanks a lot man! :)

Hey Boolie - Sorry Man :eek: Yep, it's one helluva great looking uke. I've emailed Vox (Korg), D'Angelico and whoever else I could think of to try to get more some info on availability etc. I'll keep ya posted here!

Korg Giullieta = d'Angelico MU-6CPS-SB

Korg bought the Vox name in 1992, while the d'Angelico brand was ressurected by in the '00s. They outsourced the ukulele producton to Japan, where the production facility had to file for bankruptcy and the remaining stock was sold of by Korg. Some instruments made it to the 2014 NAMM and the HMS store. In the summer of 2015 Korg made a second generation run of ukuleles, but with more modest appointments, not allowed to carry the d'Angelico brand name (still in American hands) and with only in one model instead of six: dot inlays, unbound fingerboard and pickguard, straight fingerboard end, silk screened logo, concert scale. The story explains why a basically similar ukulele now bears two distinct brands and model names, made in either 2013 or 2015.

Search this forum for 'd'Angelico' and you'll find more, but this website has a comprehensive description of the first run : http://www.ukulelejapan.com/blog/dangelico-ukulele

"Sometime after John D’Angelico and his successors left the business, John Ferolito Sr., a co-founder of Arizona Ice Tea, purchased the rights to the D’Angelico brand but never fully developed the brand. The brand was again sold in 2013 to John Ferolito Jr. and partners Brenden Cohen and Steve Pisani. The new owners revived the brand and have started marketing a reasonably priced line of guitars meticulously built using measurements obtained by imaging some of the instruments D’Angelico himself made. Here’s where it gets a bit unclear… It appears that before 2013 the brand was licensed to a Japanese manufacturer who developed a line of archtop ukuleles. The line was available only in Japan and perhaps because of that, production soon became unsustainable and the manufacturer filed for bankruptcy. Keyboard manufacturer Korg offered to help move the remaining stock through its sales channels, but only in Japan. At the 2014 NAAM a few D’Angelico ukes made it to the show floor and were very favorably reviewed by Hawaii Music Supply’s staff and were judged to be a more well-rounded instrument than what was being offered by its closest rival, Eastman. Six models were offered, five sopranos and a concert size."

Thank You

Korg Giullieta = d'Angelico MU-6CPS-SB

Korg bought the Vox name in 1992, while the d'Angelico brand was ressurected by in the '00s. They outsourced the ukulele producton to Japan, where the production facility had to file for bankruptcy and the remaining stock was sold of by Korg. Some instruments made it to the 2014 NAMM and the HMS store. In the summer of 2015 Korg made a second generation run of ukuleles, but with more modest appointments, not allowed to carry the d'Angelico brand name (still in American hands) and with only in one model instead of six: dot inlays, unbound fingerboard and pickguard, straight fingerboard end, silk screened logo, concert scale. The story explains why a basically similar ukulele now bears two distinct brands and model names, made in either 2013 or 2015.

Search this forum for 'd'Angelico' and you'll find more, but this website has a comprehensive description of the first run : http://www.ukulelejapan.com/blog/dangelico-ukulele

"Sometime after John D’Angelico and his successors left the business, John Ferolito Sr., a co-founder of Arizona Ice Tea, purchased the rights to the D’Angelico brand but never fully developed the brand. The brand was again sold in 2013 to John Ferolito Jr. and partners Brenden Cohen and Steve Pisani. The new owners revived the brand and have started marketing a reasonably priced line of guitars meticulously built using measurements obtained by imaging some of the instruments D’Angelico himself made. Here’s where it gets a bit unclear… It appears that before 2013 the brand was licensed to a Japanese manufacturer who developed a line of archtop ukuleles. The line was available only in Japan and perhaps because of that, production soon became unsustainable and the manufacturer filed for bankruptcy. Keyboard manufacturer Korg offered to help move the remaining stock through its sales channels, but only in Japan. At the 2014 NAAM a few D’Angelico ukes made it to the show floor and were very favorably reviewed by Hawaii Music Supply’s staff and were judged to be a more well-rounded instrument than what was being offered by its closest rival, Eastman. Six models were offered, five sopranos and a concert size."

ukulelekarcsi - Many thanks, this is great info. and greatly appreciated. I've picked up on this similarity in looks before, without being able to make a conclusive link - So, the second generation run of the d'Angelico MU-6CPS-SB is, in effect, the Giulietta by Vox GC-6P-GN?

Where the mystery deepens, is in that a previous eBay listing for a Giulietta by Vox GC-6P-GN, describes the uke as a tenor rather than concert scale:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giulietta...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Any light you could cast on this would be greatly appreciated. And, many thanks again!

Update

Here's the replies I received from Korg UK and Korg USA in response to my enquiries about the uke (the info seems to conflict a little, so I'm no further forward really):

Many thanks for your email. This item was shown as a concept at a trade show several years ago, and we have no confirmation of availability at this time.

Sorry we were unable to assist with your enquiry.

Kind regards

Sandra Bennett

KORG Returns Co-ordinator

Tel: 01908 304650

Email: returns@korg.co.uk

Thank you for your email and for your interest in this new product.

These are proto type instruments and they are not yet available for sale. We do not have any more information available at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please check back at http://www.voxamps.com/ in the future.

Thank you and best regards,

Korg USA Customer Service
customerservice@korgusa.com
Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm Eastern

Last edited:
Top Bottom