William King Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

brimmer

Reaction score
I bought this uke on this forum over a year and a half ago, and it has given me many hours of wonderful music. I am reconfiguring my lifestyle, and one soprano has to go, so this sweet little guy is up for sale. William King is known as one of the best ukulele luthiers of the last couple decades. His Austin, Texas workshop closed a few years ago, so there won't be any more ever. King ukes are great for both playing and collecting.

This Koa/Cedar gem is modeled after the classic Nunes style. It has a warm, rich sound that is great for fingerstyle or strumming. It plays and sounds wonderful. The fretboard is ebony and the tuners are Pegheds. I don't know the peghead overlay wood, but it is pretty. The koa is lovely, and the cedar top looks (and smells) great. The uke comes with a nice UkeCrazy tweed case. More pix and video to follow.

I am asking $750 plus shipping - PM if interested.

in case uu.jpg
front upright.jpg
binding.jpg
back2.jpg
side98.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the headstock, front and back. Note some of the gloss finish has pulled up a bit on the back where the tuners set into the headstock.

headstock.jpg
tuners.jpg

Perhaps a bit of glue visible under the bridge, fretboard, and under the endpin.

bridge9.jpg
tailpin.jpg
top.jpg

A few more pictures. Looks nice in the daylight. Lovely koa on the back and sides.

IMG_0876.jpg
fretboard3.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg

Let's move this nice uke back to the top of the pile. If interested, make an offer...

It's a beautiful uke with a lovely sound, and really seems like a steal for a uke from this maker. Someone buy this so I can stop contemplating it!

It is the uke I had, and it is wonderful. Really wonderful. It has an amazing sound.

I sold it because I needed to reduce my collection.

It is the uke I had, and it is wonderful. Really wonderful. It has an amazing sound.

I sold it because I needed to reduce my collection.

Thanks for the comment, Ginny. Hope you are enjoying your Chuck Moore uke...

I just lowered the price!

Bump...this armful of joy is still available. I am willing to entertain reasonable offers...

No, I don't know if there were any repairs done by a prior owner. I am happy to sell it on trial if someone wants to check it over.

What a lovely little uke! I wish I could buy it, I'd give it to a friend who plays jigs, hornpipes, reels, and stuff like that. This is what soprano ukes are for!
Somebody please buy this uke and play more stuff like these wonderful tunes on it and share with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom