NMS Day:

JJFN

Reaction score
That's right, NMS day, new music stand day. I popped for the Peak SMS 20, and as the expression goes, I should have done it years ago. It instantly improved my posture, and also allows me to view three sheets of 8x10 music, downloaded from the internet. I ordered it from Musician's Friend, and they were great. Thank you to everyone who gave me good advice on this purchase.

you're welcome...;-D :shaka:

and they hold 2-3 thick books with no problem...

Now you need a new chair . . . and a light . . . and a music folder . . . and, and, and . . . Ahhh, well . . . :eek:ld:
Funny Dick. I have been looking at getting a stand myself. Propping my music against the back of the other chair on my deck is not working well. Thirty five bucks, it is worth looking into. :D

They will have to get past my lovely bride first!
Is your wife a ukulele player? If not, the less you share with her, the easier it is to get it past her. Just a little advise from and old married man. :D

Is your wife a ukulele player? If not, the less you share with her, the easier it is to get it past her. Just a little advise from and old married man. :D

No, I use the term "bride" as a term of affection. We have been married for 25 years, and nothing get's past her.

Last edited:
No, I use the term "bride" as a term of affection. We have been married for 25 years, and nothing gets past her.
35 years for me, and I think that mine would rather just let it get past her, than have to hear about it. ;) This could end up being a whole other thread. :D

Last edited:
Rollie, I thought you made a stand. I was very impressed. Oh, yeah, and Feliz Cumpleanos ol' solger (sailor, really). :eek:ld:

Rollie, I thought you made a stand. I was very impressed. Oh, yeah, and Feliz Cumpleanos ol' solger (sailor, really). :eek:ld:
Yes I did make one, but it is heavy and hard to move around. I chipped a lot of trim with it hauling it around the house. It looks nice though. But like a lot of things, it found itself in the corner of the spare bedroom and it seems to like it there. I really need something light and portable, but strong and stable. I look forward to hearing about how this one works. It might be the ticket.

Am I alone in hearing 'namaste' in my head when I read the thread title of "NMS day" and thinking it was a great pun?

Whether or not, I am in fact probably the only one who also had 'do itashi mosh-dey' following immediately afterwards in my mind...(IIRC, meaning 'don't mention it' usually in reply to 'thank you very much' in Japanese)

Any way - congrats on the stand and thanks for reminding me that I need something portable as my old Manhattan conductor's stand is not made for travel at all. :)

I look forward to hearing about how this one works. It might be the ticket.

I've only had the stand a few days, but so far I am very happy with it.

Am I alone in hearing 'namaste' in my head when I read the thread title of "NMS day" and thinking it was a great pun?

Whether or not, I am in fact probably the only one who also had 'do itashi mosh-dey' following immediately afterwards in my mind...(IIRC, meaning 'don't mention it' usually in reply to 'thank you very much' in Japanese)

Any way - congrats on the stand and thanks for reminding me that I need something portable as my old Manhattan conductor's stand is not made for travel at all. :)

Thank you Booli, I would like to take credit for that pun, but my Japanese is limited to sushi. The stand also comes with a bag, if that's any help to you.

Yes I did make one, but it is heavy and hard to move around. I chipped a lot of trim with it hauling it around the house. It looks nice though. But like a lot of things, it found itself in the corner of the spare bedroom and it seems to like it there. I really need something light and portable, but strong and stable. I look forward to hearing about how this one works. It might be the ticket.

I've only had it for a few days, but so far I am very impressed, it comes with a carry bag, so it should solve your problem.

Thank you Booli, I would like to take credit for that pun, but my Japanese is limited to sushi. The stand also comes with a bag, if that's any help to you.

No problem!

FYI - 'namaste' is from the Sanskrit language and not Japanese.

I've been reading a bit about Yoga, and lots of Sanskrit and Hindi words are used since parts of Yoga originated in India.

for further details you can see these links:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Namaste

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namaste

Top Bottom