PDA

View Full Version : Beware! Long time effects of ukulele!

UkingViking
06-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Found this on the interwebz and stole it:

Probably some of you have seen it before, perhaps it was one of you who made it, but in any case it is worth a re-post.
:-)

PhilUSAFRet
06-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Hadn't seen it, thanks for sharing. :music:

AndyUke
06-02-2016, 11:41 PM
Thanks for sharing :)

Trader Todd
06-03-2016, 03:30 AM
Ha. I laughed out loud.

Booli
06-03-2016, 03:52 AM
That's great - now I'm gonna steal it too...

Thanks for posting that! :)

kvehe
06-03-2016, 04:00 AM
So true! Thanks for brightening up a gray morning.

bonesoup
06-03-2016, 04:05 AM
Lol, in the lower right, that's Chico Buarque! Generally recognized as Brazil's greatest living songwriter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chico_Buarque). That photo is the cover of his first album (http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chico_Buarque_de_Hollanda_%28%C3%A1lbum%29) (1966), a classic down here.

If you're curious, here's a song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvN7nocb9kA) when he basically reinvented Brazilian music in the 70s.

Funny meme too!

joneo
06-03-2016, 07:04 AM
That's Funny! ;) ;) ;)

Kinda reminds me of this one:

johnson430
06-03-2016, 08:19 AM
Thanks. This is a good one.

Nickie
06-03-2016, 01:47 PM
That's great, I 1st saw it wasting time at work on FB.

Cassie
06-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Found this on the interwebz and stole it:

Probably some of you have seen it before, perhaps it was one of you who made it, but in any case it is worth a re-post.
:-)

Sorry. I'm visually impaired so would you mind describing your picture? My screen reading software doesn't read pictures. Thank you. I have a little Kala and she's my first one. Her nickname is Kalea. It's a Hawaiian name I think. The vowels are pronounced the same way as you would in Spanish or Hawaiian. The e is the vowel being stressed. I don't know how to right pronunciation keys with my screen reader so that's the best way to spell it in a way that it should be pronounced.

Inksplosive AL
06-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Cassie its better not seen but I will describe it to you because you ask so nicely and I couldnt imagine handling being visually impaired beyond the glasses I wear myself. Its a pretty disgusting comparison picture of three peoples disintegration from doing drugs and drinking to a guy who did the ukulele frowning then smiling. Some find it hilarious forgetting those people have families as well. But I'm the big meanie.

peace

Cassie
06-04-2016, 07:58 AM
Cassie its better not seen but I will describe it to you because you ask so nicely and I couldnt imagine handling being visually impaired beyond the glasses I wear myself. Its a pretty disgusting comparison picture of three peoples disintegration from doing drugs and drinking to a guy who did the ukulele frowning then smiling. Some find it hilarious forgetting those people have families as well. But I'm the big meanie.

peace

Thanks. I get ya. If you're unhappy, take up the uke.

Nickie
06-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Al, you're not the meany. The drugs, legal or illegal, and the booze, and the pushers are the meanies. I abhor drug addiction, not drug addicts, I feel for them. But for some good luck and exceptionally good friends, there might I have gone.
Sometimes life is just too much for some of us, and booze and drugs (yes, tobacco too, which I literally hate) are easy escapes.
About one third of my patients die from the addiction to tobacco, the real evil weed. It should be eradicated.
Sorry, thread highjacked.....