NUD: Pono

EspressoDan

Reaction score
I finally see that all the great comments about Pono are true. I am a beginner without much experience but I can see that my new Pono AT is a completely different class of instrument than my Eddy Finn tenor. The projection and sustain of the Pono is amazing compared to what I am used to.
I was strumming this beautiful instrument on a shoreline park bench when people about 150 metres away yelled over that it sounded great. I only have about an hour with it so far but am already in love. It is a fantastic uke and a great price.
I have been told that I am all thumbs. If that is the case, 10 thumbs up to HMS. Awesome set-up, communication, great price, and wonderful to deal with. Can't say enough about Andrew and his crew.
Dan
Time for more strumming and less typing

I finally see that all the great comments about Pono are true. I am a beginner without much experience but I can see that my new Pono AT is a completely different class of instrument than my Eddy Finn tenor. The projection and sustain of the Pono is amazing compared to what I am used to.
I was strumming this beautiful instrument on a shoreline park bench when people about 150 metres away yelled over that it sounded great. I only have about an hour with it so far but am already in love. It is a fantastic uke and a great price.
I have been told that I am all thumbs. If that is the case, 10 thumbs up to HMS. Awesome set-up, communication, great price, and wonderful to deal with. Can't say enough about Andrew and his crew.
Dan
Time for more strumming and less typing

Congrats!

(Pics or it didn't happen! ;) )

I have at AT and could not agree more with your comments. The AT loves fluorocarbon strings. Pretty much any kind. I use Worth, Southcoast, Oasis bright but also Martin, DAddario Fluro........... the AT just sings with any of these strings. Matt finish is really nice and allow the ukulele to really project and sound great.
Enjoy. I'm likely going to buy a Pro Classic at some point.

Congrats on your new Pono. They are super nice ukes. They sing no matter what strings one uses. I've seen one sound great with 2 year old worn out Aquilas on it!

Oh yeah man--must have pics. Congrats! Never played a Pono, always wanted to, never heard owt but good about them.

May you share 10 decades together.

Congrats, welcome to the Pono family. I love my Pono MGT. they really are great instruments.
Please post some photos soon.

I hear you Dan. Picked up a Pono MT a month or so ago as my 2nd uke, figured I could use my old laminate Luna Tattoo as a traveler. After using the MT since I got it I took the Luna Tattoo on an RV trip last week, boy what a difference, I've been spoiled. Guess I need to look for a better sounding travel uke.

I also replaced the original strings, went with the Worth Browns, maybe a bit too mellow to me but they play like butter. I didn't care for the wound C. Of course I'm a rookie so I don't know squat about the different strings.

Congrats on the new Pono! Love mine and am amazed how different it sounds with each string change, but always sounds great. I also got mine from HMS and agree their set up is the business. Enjoy the new uke and strum it everyday.

Congratulations, great choice! I can confirm that my Pono AT plays just as nice as ukes that cost three or four times as much.

From a fellow Canadian........there's big Pono love in the North Country. I bougth mine from HMS as well and it holds its own with more costly customs that I own. Congratulations and enjoy the heck outta it.

Thank you everyone for the tips and Pono love. I can't wait to try it with many different strings but for now, I am sort of enjoying these wound strings that came with it. Never played a low G before and it is fun. I have a feeling it would sound good with old ties for strings.
Sorry it took so long to get back to the thread but it is report card time and teacher life is pretty hectic for now.
Dan

Like I always say: Pono Tenors are Magic! :cool:

Top Bottom