Near new Cordoba 15cm

socal16

Reaction score
Do you think $55 is a good deal. I'm a newby with some previous guitar experience. Thanks.

Yes! Reported to be the best sounding all laminate uke in it's price range. Even HMS was impressed with it.

If you think you want it setup, and can't do it yourself, a new setup one from HMS is $99.

Well, I bought it this morning (on Craig's list) for $55 and it is in great condition. The seller said it was a gift and sat in his closet for two years without a case so a it's a little dusty. Do you think I should replace the strings? Put some sort of product on the fretboard? It sounds really good to me. I'm happy with the purchase so far. Thanks for any input.

Congrats on your great deal!
Unless the strings are soiled, or buzz, or won't stay in tune, I'd use them. No sense wasting money on a $55 purchase. It might take the joy outta the savings.
You can use lemon oil to moisten the wood of the fretboard. Just loosen the strings and pull them aside, and lube it up. Try to keep the oil off the strings. Wipe off the excess and it will take lots of the dirt with it.

I like my cordobas. The 15 cm is a nice uke albeit laminate. My niece has that same model. she had aquila strings on it and after a year I changed them out for some Martins which she seems to really like. I keep aquillas on my 25cm. If your uke has the same strings that have been on it for 2 years you might want to replace them. Whenever I restring a uke I make sure to put lemon oil on the fret board and use some guitar polish on the rest of the body. Basically clean it up, get the gunk off and polish. Another thing I like to do is polish the frets with 0000 steel wool. I use a draftsmans eraser shield to cover the fret and then polish so I'm only doing the fret and not the fret board too. Enjoy your cordoba!

I am a little late with replying but I like my Cordoba 15 CM very much. I changed the strings to Martin M600 and made it a string through bridge. I use a #61 (.032") drill for the strings. Here is a picture, I hope it will be transmitted with this mini epistle. giggle.
Jim.
PS: I see a small picture and whenever one clicks on it then it becomes larger. Will this only become larger on my computer because the picture is already here on the files.? I hope others will let me know if I have to do another step for uploading pictures. Many thanks.
UkePixIMG_7083.jpg

Last edited:
I am a little late with replying but I like my Cordoba 15 CM very much. I changed the strings to Martin M600 and made it a string through bridge. I use a #61 (.032") drill for the strings. Here is a picture, I hope it will be transmitted with this mini epistle. giggle.
Jim.
PS: I see a small picture and whenever one clicks on it then it becomes larger. Will this only become larger on my computer because the picture is already here on the files.? I hope others will let me know if I have to do another step for uploading pictures. Many thanks.
View attachment 91825

Very nice photo!

Top Bottom