Checking Back In with Y'all

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just wanted to stop by and say "Hi" to all my friends here, and update you on what's going on with me.

I'm still playing and singing every day! Lately I've been working on Stardust, Stormy Weather, and Someone To Watch Over Me. I seem to have gotten stuck in the S's.

I have two Kamaka Centennials on order, a Concert Long Neck, and a Slotted Head Tenor;

I'm falling in love with a beautiful lady, Sue, who lives directly across the street from my new house. She teaches me Spanish, I teach her Ukulele. I just ordered her a Lanikai CKCGC Concert Uke, and both of Beloff's Daily Ukulele books. I think those are good choices for a beginner.

I'm loving my new location here in Kerrville, Texas. It's so pretty, and the folks around here are so nice. I wish I had come here years ago. I'm participating with the Salvation Army, my CMA motorcycle club, and a Ukulele group at a local senior center. The group playing is pretty basic, but I'm finding the discipline helpful, and being with the other players is fun.

Right now I have Sue working on simple three chord tunes, getting her used to easy first position chord changes. She seems to be picking it up quickly. She can sing, which is a great help. I've also got her started running her index finger up and down the frets attempting full barres on open strings. I figure the sooner she gets past the dreaded barre chord hurdle, the better. Any suggestions for other beginning instruction will be appreciated.

And, of course, I'm caring for my two English Bulldogs, Lily and Dasiy. Sue has joined our daily walks down by the river, and I've started to work on their training again. They are a great comfort to me, and I really have fun with them.

So, that's about it. If you are ever coming through the Texas Hill Country, give me a shout!

So great of you to check in and update us. I am so glad life is becoming a joy for you again. I owe you a debt of thanks for your Kamaka thread that gave me first notice about the 100th anniversary models. I now have a 100th anniversary baritone, my very first Kamaka. I love it George and I now know what all the fuss was about, it is an amazing instrument.

Hi, George! I'm so happy you updated us; I've been wondering how things were going for you, and now we know. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Get Sue to join us here on UU!

Happy for you!

PS: please send Texas BBQ

George, Thank you for checking in with us. I think of you every time I log in to UU and wonder how you are! So glad for this update!

Jan (formerly Ukemania)

Have you tried the armadillo chili yet?

It sounds great! I am very happy for you. It is good to see you on UU!!!

Top Bottom