Need a steel string electric ukulele

Maybe you want a Mandolin. Plenty of 8 steel string mandolins out there. There are some solid body steel string ukuleles on the market. Steel string acoustic ukuleles aren't out there although there are some South American instruments that are very similar to ukuleles that have steel strings.

Anthony

Last edited:
A 4 or 8 string solid electric mandolin (all steel stringed) will work. Just tune it to whatever you want. EMando.com always has a bunch listed and sells the strings to boot.

I just ordered an EleUke, steel string baritone, Telecaster style body.
I'll post when it arrives.

The Risa steel strings are probably very high quality and are highly rated here (kissing vouches highly for them and uses them frequently). Someday I'll splurge for one.
Actually just recently, I briefly tried Greenie's electric steel uke, and it wasn't nearly as harsh on the fingertips as I was expecting.

71ILEhiYh6L._SL1500_.jpg

I just bought this Vorson steel string and in fact it just arrived today. I haven't had a chance to check the electronics yet, but I must say that my initial impressions are favorable. Its a well built uke especially considering the price. The neck plays very nicely out of the box so I only expect the playability to improve with a proper setup and some good strings!

Joel Eckhaus of Earnest Instruments makes some killer steel string ukes. I've played a few of his, and they are spectacular, but steel strings are just not what I'm looking for.

Good luck!

Top Bottom