Areo Uke

actadh

Reaction score
I have a vintage 60's Kay ukulele (sadly, a wall-hanger at this point), and subscribe to the Kay Kraft -Stromberg/Voisinet Guitar Enthusiast FB group. There was a recent post on an eBay offering of a late 1920's Stromberg-Voisinet Aero-Uke. These were put out to commemorate the first solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean by Charles Lindbergh.

Very neat looking -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Stromberg-Voisenette-Areo-Uke-/262468752016?hash=item3d1c5b5290%3Ag%3AfMsAAOSwnNBXUwhR

Any one here have one?

Very cool looking! Would love to hear it played. The propellor is an extra nice touch!

That one cool Uke.
IMHO ....It is over priced considering the condition.Those are some ugly cracks on the wings.Missing Tail Rudder,mismatched tuners.Still a very unusual piece.However of course,not many show up for sale.

Aero Uke

The first time I saw one of those was at the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) in Phoenix, AZ. Here is a photo:
View attachment 91729

BTW - The MIM is a great place for instrument geeks to get history, anthropology and music lessons all at one time. It is one of my favorite museums

Top Bottom