WTB longneck soprano ukulele

Ukeatl

Reaction score
I am looking for a mahogany longneck soprano ukulele. I would also consider a cedar one. I am only interested in a solid top or solid body.

buy Rappsy's quick. I think it's the standard by which long neck soprano's should be judged.

I have a solid mahogany Loprinzi soprano. and solid mango, both long neck

Last edited:
Yes, I just inquired last night as to whether it was still for sale.e

Koa with Brown Worths offer a similar sound to Mahogany.

Are they for sale? I bought a Kala -KA-ATP-CTG CE (Solid Cedar Top Tenor Slothead -Gloss Finish with Pickup) in January. It sounds absolutely incredible. I have bought several ukes since then, and have come to realize that a longneck soprano fits me the best. I'm looking to buy a nice longneck uke or possibly, depending on the price, trade one for my Kala.

Are they for sale? I bought a Kala -KA-ATP-CTG CE (Solid Cedar Top Tenor Slothead -Gloss Finish with Pickup) in January. It sounds absolutely incredible. I have bought several ukes since then, and have come to realize that a longneck soprano fits me the best. I'm looking to buy a nice longneck uke or possibly, depending on the price, trade one for my Kala.

Is the body laminate?

Yes, The top is solid Cedar and the sides and back are acacia laminate.

What's the budget?

Up for sale is my "Ceniza by T&K" Longneck Soprano Ukulele... (soprano body with a concert length neck). It was handmade in the Waianae Mountains of Oahu by Tomas and Katherine Ceniza. Outstanding craftsmanship. These ukes are no longer made since Katherine passed away in December of '09. Ceniza ukuleles are very hard to come by, as from what I understand, they are very sought after in the high end Japanese market as well as by Hawaiian locals.

The uke is crafted from solid koa, including the front, back, sides, neck, fret-board and bridge, and has a deep body for a beautiful clear and full sound. It also projects very well which may be due to the dreadnaught style shape with the wider waist. The voicing captures that traditional Hawaiian sound.

It is in excellent condition. Look at the pics and judge for yourself.

Comes with a canvas covered hard-shell foam case.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Wm.

Last edited:
I have two longneck soprano ukuleles at the present time. They are both by Kala - Slng and sslng. I am looking for a mahogany solid top or solid body Uke. Koa was not on my mind, but I am considering that as well. Initially, I was wanting to spend between $200 - $275. I will consider something outside that range if it is extraordinary and it at a great price.

Am, I have not heard of a Cenzia. Thanks for sharing the information. I will have to poke around a bit on this one.

No, I am not interested in a tenor scale. This is one reason why I am considering selling the tenor ukulele I currently have. I have found the soprano and concert scale to be very comfortable to me. I especially love the concert scale on a soprano body because it seems to fit my person best.

How about a tenor neck soprano? http://www.elderly.com/ohana-sk-30l-long-neck-soprano-ukulele.htm

You might could get a longneck S-0 for close to budget : http://www.sprucehouseukuleles.com/models.htm

If I don't find a used ukulele close to my range then I will probably consider waiting a couple of months to get a custom built. I just know folks have a lot of quality you that they may want to sell. I have bought a few ukuleles with in the past months and this has really helped me understand what I am looking for in tone, size and feel.

How do you like your Bruko 6?

Sounds wise. You might already have the best long neck under $300 in the SSLNG.

I'm not a soprano guy. I had the Bruko 6 very briefly when I got my Bruko baritone. It just wasn't for me.

A line not often mentioned were designed by Bob Gleason of Pegasus Guitars & Ukuleles, and are made in Portugal. They are distributed worldwide by a fellow in SanDiego area. The instruments are not Acacia koa, but they are Acacia melanoxylon (blackwood). The first is an endangered species, and the other is an invasive species. Blackwood gets made into many different items. Because it is so plentiful, it costs less. You also do not need to carry any certification that the wood has been legally harvested. I have a long neck soprano of solid acacia blackwood. It has a very pretty grain pattern front and back. Lehua does what many of the more expnsive ukuleles do, by stringing through the body. The sound is immediately in contact with the top AND one does not need to worry about a bridge popping (or flying) off. It has Aquila Pearl reentrant stringing and open back geared tuners. There is a silver strap button on the tail. It is new in the box and will have a nicely padded carrying case. I have two regular sopranos tuned differently. One is regular reentrant, and the other is with both G and A as low. It really is an attention getter with so much low sound from such a little ukulele.

Sounds wise. You might already have the best long neck under $300 in the SSLNG.

I'm not a soprano guy. I had the Bruko 6 very briefly when I got my Bruko baritone. It just wasn't for me.

If the sslng were a mahogany top I'd be settled. I am looking for a mahogany top or solid body. I know that Ohana makes two or three longnecks within or just over my range.

Last edited:
Top Bottom