Just bought my first Ukulele Kala

SwimRock

Reaction score
This is a Kala 2015 Elite 3 on sale for $1,199. The 2016 models do not have the abablone binding because of the labor time. Absolutley gorgeous and very well made. Reminds me of high end Martin guitar quality.

Attachments

• niorzspgepbpprfqq8ci.jpg
    niorzspgepbpprfqq8ci.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 168
Very nice - enjoy!

It's a nice one to start with but be warned, UAS will get you sooner or later. Hope you have as much fun as I have had.

Congratulations on an outstanding "starter" uke. I completely agree with Hollis about starting out right, you have certainly done that. I am guessing you are a guitar player, you guys always understand the value of high quality instruments.

Too much bling bling for my taste but certainly a great Ukulele to start with and grow up with :)

I am just wondering if you tried different wood combinations before getting this Koa instrument?

Too much bling bling for my taste but certainly a great Ukulele to start with and grow up with :)

I am just wondering if you tried different wood combinations before getting this Koa instrument?

New member. First post (this thread). Seems odd to post with such 'familiarity'.

Also, OP has not been back to this thread in exactly one month to interact with the community, only one single post here ^. Hmmm.

Sadly, no 'Hello there' in 'New Members' section of forum, as is the conventional practice for new members upon arrival, and thus NO info about new member so we cannot presume to know the OP's experience nor motivation...

I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt that this was a noobie oversight, but in lieu of the facts, we can only fantasize to fill in the blanks...

:)

Last edited:
Sadly, no 'Hello there' in 'New Members' section of forum, as is the conventional practice for new members upon arrival, and thus NO info about new member so we cannot presume to know the OP's experience nor motivation...
I never did that either, am I forgiven ;)?

This OP seems to have left the forum though...

This OP seems to have left the forum though...

HUGE difference in your case CML, is that you stuck around, and engaged with the community here right away, and as per the microphone thread, really dug in, contributed, even more so than most folks, and ALSO with your silent-uke build thread, also really became a part of not just the players here, but also the builders...

so I don't think any forgiveness is required since you have nothing to be redeemed for, and not that I'm any kind of authority here (nor want to be), but I'd say that I am probably not alone in thinking that cml is one of the 'good guys' :) and has no worries as of yet...

Hit-and-run posts tend to be from folks who do not intend to stick around long enough to make friends on internet forums.

We know not of the OP's intentions, and it would be easy to speculate all kinds of conspiracy theories and assign fictional intent and backstory, but if the OP is on vacation or something, or visiting a dying relative, may not have internet access, etc, so maybe we should withhold suspicion for a while longer and give the benefit of the doubt...

Well the picture being on a glass showcase holding effects pedals gives me suspicion but I have little to care about this. It just doesn't effect me much. Perhaps it was a nod to these being on sale but where? Blackbear has a much nicer ukulele for sale for much less with as much bling still awaiting a player last I looked.

so now almost 4 months ago, and no sign of the OP

@ Swimrock - come back to us!!!

I'll forgive you.

I didn't do the introduction thing either. Never do on Internet forums. They seem utterly pointless. The newcomer either says nothing but where they're from (which is near meaningless in internetland) or presents a glowing self-bio (which is not something that fits me well either). Perhaps I should work up a quirky but untrue backstory to go with my slightly smutty pseudonym...

I guess he's having so much fun playing it he forgot all about us. I wonder how long he lurked here to find/choose that uke? Or did he nick it from someone?

I guess he's having so much fun playing it he forgot all about us. I wonder how long he lurked here to find/choose that uke? Or did he nick it from someone?

that could be, or maybe he got overwhelmed by all the replies and he got scared away - SPOOKY time on Monday OCT 31

MUUUAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAA!

Top Bottom