LA Uke Expo for Guinness World Record July 9, Downtown Los Angeles

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
On July 9 the LA Ukulele Expo will take place at the Japanese Cultural Center in Downtown Los Angeles organized by U-Space with another attempt at breaking the Guinness World Record for simultaneous ukulele players. The record was set in April of 2015 by French Polynesia with 4,792 participants.

So far the LA Ukulele Expo has made it to 2,370, double the year before, which is a shame with the population of Southern California, let alone the entire country. So I'm doing what I can and maybe the count can more than double again to break the record.

http://www.jaccc.org/laukuleleexpo/

Last edited:
I believe if you check the fire code, you will find that the required number for the record would be a violation.

It actually needs to be held at a stadium of some kind where there's plenty of parking and plenty of seats that are pre-numbered, would make it a lot easier all the way around. The Memorial Coliseum, Dodger Stadium, Cal State LA, someone must have some connections. Maybe next year.

Don't forget, this Saturday at the Japanese Cultural Center and U-Space in Downtown LA the LA Uke Expo starting at 11 am and attempt at the Guinness World record simultaneous ukulele players at 3:30 pm.

Last edited:
Guess I missed, kind of surprised I didn't hear anything about it. I seem to get fairly regular emails from Daniel Ho about local events, was he involved this year like in the past?

Turns out that they did not do the attempt, but a day of performances and seminars. Yes, Daniel was there playing with a South American to promote more cross style music.

Top Bottom