Original Jazz/Electronic Track: Night Cruise

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
Sounds great Jim!

I really like the lead voice wth the melody - is that with your wind controller?

As per your mixing method (in the description on the Soundcloud page), could you not export your stems without having to duplicate the project file, simply by muting all the tracks, save for the one to be exported, and then just rinse & repeat sequentially until you've got all tracks done?

That's kinda the method I use.

(I confess, once I perfect a recording, and editing, I ALSO like to duplicate the project as well before doing any otherwise potentially destructive modifications - so you are not alone in this - it's good practice)

Also - the first beat of the song is like a C0-tuned kettle-drum and I did not realize that had my volume on the computer and studio monitors up around 75% and that first note had me jumping out of my seat as I was startled and did not expect it - so a caution to other listeners - make sure your volume is not too loud when you start the song....

Good stuff Mr. Hanks :rock: !

Sounds great Jim!
Good stuff Mr. Hanks :rock: !
Thanks Booli.

Yes, lead is Akai EWI4000s wind controller driving a Yamaha VL-70 hardware synth module.

Exporting stems proved to be a pain in the Korg ids-10 app due to the way "song mode" is structured. When you arrange your patterns into a song you can apply mutes to individual tracks in the pattern. This is great for buildups as you can layer in parts while only using one of your pattern slots. The problem is that this overrides the mutes in the mixer so your technique doesn't work here. The app is supposed to be a "self contained" production environment so I was pushing it beyond its design parameters.

Sorry about the kick. Maybe I need to pull that down in the mix. ;)

Top Bottom