NUUD: Mainland Soprano

OhioBelle

Reaction score
Serendipity strikes again!

How lucky am I to have found, while wandering through the local GC for no particular reason, this little beauty hanging on the wall? Marked USED for only $100 with not a scratch, mark, ding, dent, or blemish that I could find! Although the label says December 2008, it looks brand new. The tuners still had their little plastic stickers on them. Did the previous owner even play it?

I absolutely adore the look and sound of this little thing.

Here she is enjoying our afternoon in the park.

image.jpg

Had I been in your shoes, I would have done the exact. same. thing.

A Mainland deserves to be played, not hanging in rejection on some lone, dusty GC wall waiting to become firewood when the world ends...LOL

Glad you rescued it (her)! YIPPIE!

Might you bless us all with a video/sound sample?

Pretty please ?!? :drool:

Lucky find indeed... Congrats and enjoy

That sounds like a great deal. :) Very nice photo, too.

Super find! Congrats!

What a deal! Good job. 2 of my friends have Mainlands, they are great ukes.

Nothing better than finding a good deal! Enjoy it and strum it everyday!

I'm not a real soprano fan... But for a Mainland I'd have to make an exception for sure! I love my red cedar concert and would have rescued this sop in a heartbeat! Great find, keep enjoying playing!

I'm not a real soprano fan... But for a Mainland I'd have to make an exception for sure! I love my red cedar concert and would have rescued this sop in a heartbeat! Great find, keep enjoying playing!

Yeah, soprano wouldn't be my choice. Much prefer the tenor scale, or the perfect 16 inch scale of my Cocobolo pineapple. My Waterman was bought because I couldn't resist the idea of carrying a clear ukulele around in my car, but I don't really enjoy playing it as much.

However, I love this Mainland! After two days of hard playing, she's awakening from her years on the shelf. I don't want to put her down!

Which brings to mind a question... Time to start a new post!

I didn't think I was a tenor person, but I love my Outdoor Ukulele and Mainland tenors. You may come to love the soprano size, too.

My Mainland was a real find, too - a 2011 build that had wonderful sustain. Enjoy your Mainland!

Top Bottom