Which ukulele to buy?

uku417

Reaction score
Hi. I had a Greg Bennett UK 70 Ukulele for 2 weeks. I loved it and now i want one myself. I want one, that is exactly the same size and sounds the same, but it should be darker and doesn't have to be the same brand.

Which size is the Greg Bennett UK 70? I tried to find it out by counting the frets but it has 16 and all the concert and tenor (Which i guessed) ukuleles in the internet have like 18.
I don't get it?

It's a concert, I think. Tenors usually have 18. I just counted the frets on my concert, and it has 15. Sopranos usually have 12.

It's a concert size ukulele. There is no real standard for how many frets each size of ukulele should have. I think 16 is a good number for concerts, actually. Additional ones tend to be rather unhelpful anyway as they won't have much sustain. The exact measurements also vary, especially when it comes to the body size. Some concerts are bigger than others, and so on.

If you want an instrument that has a good chance of sounding like the once you had, I'd buy exactly the same brand and model. They are also sold as Samick UK-70 and cost around €120 here in Germany. Since at that price point the quality of ukuleles is kind of a gamble, getting the same model is a good idea. Less risk that way. :)

Where are located at? If buying online, it's a good idea to buy from a place that quality-checks their ukes and performs some setup work to guarantee good playability.

Nice looking uke. Apparently they also sell a baritone with the same model number ( or close). Be sure to check closely or you might be surprised!

Top Bottom