New Ukulele Brand from Monoprice

Thanks for the info. Nice that it comes with a 10mm padded gig bag at least.

I've been buying cables from them since their start, but when they started the pro-audio line I was a bit skeptical and depending upon which gear you are looking at, they have very mixed reviews. Not sure I'd actually buy an instrument from them - likely I'd give money to Rondo Music first - but it's interesting to see Monoprice diversify and try to compete directly in almost all product lines with BestBuy et al...

Also, for those curious, here is the link to said ukulele as per the OP:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=610300

6103001.jpg

A couple of thoughts:

First, the rosette/body color/headstock looks similar to a lower end Amahi, but the bridge looks different.

Second - I've been a monoprice fan/observer for several years and I have a monoprice guitar, so I would expect that these are slightly above the "get what you pay for line". That is, they'll be decent value for money, but also definitely a bargain instrument.

Monoprice's customer service is pretty good, so I'd expect that a person who is able to evaluate what they get, and willing to send back any bad apples would get a good deal out of this.

Bringing this thread back from the dead, or at least from four years ago.

I bought the Monoprice Idyllwild on a lark because it was on sale: $30 for uke and gig bag. Now, a whole leap year later, I'd say dollar for dollar, it's one of the best ukuleles you can get on the cheap. As good as or better than the entry level Cordobas and Makalas at twice the price, and I'd have a hard time thinking of something comparable for under $50.

You'll quickly outgrow it if you want a higher end instrument. But it's a solid uke. Er, I don't mean solid wood, just decently built. Usually $40, but it looks like Monoprice has them on sale again for $30.

Top Bottom