Favorite Guitarist

Bratset

Reaction score
The reason for this thread is simply :rock: who is your favoritte guitarist and why? :D
(P.S there may have been similar threads, if so pleas point me to it since I couldn't find it :p)

I'l start ;-)

Øystein Sunde (Oystein Sunde), he is a Norwegian guitarist which I admire not only for his insane technical skills but also for his awesome songwriting. His songs however are in Norwegian so many of you will probably not understand them. :D

Some of his songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xt0Qd_FQgA&feature=channel_page (Instrumental from 03:54)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYJyQ94m2-g (Instrumental)

Wow, that's killer! Never heard of him, thanks for sharing.
My fav is Hendrix all the way!
SRV
Yngwie

None of the past decades guitarsists have "done" it for me, at least yet!

I'm caught between Herman Li, Steve Vai, and John Mayer......hmmmmm

Wow, that's killer! Never heard of him, thanks for sharing.
My fav is Hendrix all the way!
SRV
Yngwie

None of the past decades guitarsists have "done" it for me, at least yet!

hehe glad you liked him :D
He is remendosly underated here in Norway because many people don't think of him as a serious musican because of his lyrics :p They are funny but not always to serious ;-) thereofre his technical abilities are bypassed by people who don't like his lyrics and style.
and offc Hendrix is a great one :D

Joe Walsh. he is a versatile guitarist and his lead work and solos are skillful without overdoing it.

Wow, that was a good one, hand't heard of him before.
Thanks for sharing

"slow hand" Eric Clapton! and John Mayer.. i dont think he gets enough credit for his guitar skills.

Wow, I'm suprised at the Mayer comments, he seems to b leading:>) He's a wonderful writer and excellent musician, but his actual guitar skills just aren't on par with so many of his counterparts...Now his tone! The guy plays Dumbles and Two Rocks with his vintage strats, gotta love that! The Clapton BLues Fest, I thought Mayer had the best tone there, and he had quite the contenders of tone to deal with!

Last edited:
Django -- I love his phrasing and lines, and he wrote Nuages.

João Gilberto -- the man almost single-handedly invented bossa nova guitar style and his voice is so cool.

Jimmy Page -- Led Zep, man. :cool:

Ok, that was three ... so favorite guitarists. There are others.

A lot of super duper outrageous cool awesome musicians that have radical skillz don't sing. That's the magic of John Mayer

Peter Green.Listen to his work with John Mayall,then the 'real' Fleetwood Mac stuff (not the MOR US/UK band that they became!).Then listen to his stuff with 'Splinter Group' after twenty years away,through mental illness.Peter rules!

Hendrix, hands down. He was a great songwriter and composer; the guitar playing was just icing on the cake. :D

Also, John Frusciante, Jeff Beck, Chet Atkins, Mark Knopfler, and Jack White.

Ledward Kaapana
Carlos Santana
Eric Johnson
and
Robert Randolph (also rocked the house at the Eric Clapton Guitar Fest)

Top Bottom