Cocobolo Ukuleles

Nickie

Reaction score
Congrats to Kevin on this news. He is a real gentleman and I am happy to hear of this success.

It seems like each one recently posted has at least 20 or 30 potential buyers. I'm glad to see it switched to a lottery system. Much fairer than having to hover over your keyboard hoping to be the first one to say "I want it" when a new uke is posted.

Nickie, I just read your review and saw the photos. Wow. Striking instruments! Looking forward to seeing a video so I can see/ear it in action.

Well, it turns out that my friends are going nuts over mine. Our friend Annie just won the lottery for a concert. Another friend is waiting for a soprano to come out. A member of TBUS that we jam with can't leave mine alone, so he ordered a tenor. TBUS is gonna be Cocobolo country!

I just purchased a tenor one used - it's on it's way from the UK to Colorado! Super excited!

Hello, I won yesterday the lottery for Cocobolo Uke Tenor #123...it is really a beauty!!!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

FYI to anyone in the Chicago area! Hix Bros. Music in Aurora has at least 2 Cocobolo Concerts in stock. They don't have as figured wood on the top like the one above, but they do on the rest. And yes, they are the Cocobolo brand. Thought real hard about one, but my stable is full right now...

Where did they go?

Has anyone noticed that the Cocobolo Ukuleles Marketplace page on FB is missing all of its posts and the Cocobolo Ukuleles FB page is gone? Are they in FB jail?

Has anyone noticed that the Cocobolo Ukuleles Marketplace page on FB is missing all of its posts and the Cocobolo Ukuleles FB page is gone? Are they in FB jail?
I just noticed that also. I wonder if they may have violated some Facebook rule about running raffles or lotteries?

Last edited:
I hadn't thought of that. I know Kevin is traveling right now so I wonder if he even knows what is happening?

I just went on FB (ugh) and they are both there, but there are no posts on the Marketplace page, and only one on the main page. I'll email Kevin, in case he isn't aware of it.

Meanwhile another seller (who I won't name, because the owner has threatened UU with lawsuits if ever his firm's name is taken in vain) has a Facebook page called "Cocobolo Ukuleles Marketplace by (insert name of other seller here)."

I understand Kevin has had issues with that same outfit in the past; he might want to be aware of that, and follow up with FB as he sees fit.

Top Bottom