Koaloha tuner pegs

Are you just telling us about the ebay auction or do you have a question about the pegs? LOL

Okay so I didnt proof read my post. Yes I am curious what the differene is between the pegs.

Erik

Seems that the white ones are the "old" type and the red ones are the "new" type: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11603

The friction tuners on my Kamaka are identical to the white Schallers, and they work just fine.

The one MGM is selling isn't necessarily "older"; some companies just use what they have left over even after they've decided to make a transition.

I have a soprano with the orange/red tuners and a concert with the white tuners, I prefer the orange for their feel(they are flat and glossy) opposed to the white(grooved, longer, not as easy to get my hands in there and turn). Since your buying on ebay in the end what matters is the concert, get the one in best condition and most visually appealing.

MGM already answered, but to reiterate, we did run out of pegs. The gears were turning faster than usual and it's hard to believe how quickly you can burn through 2,000 sets.

The white tuners on that particular instrument are actually Grover Tuners, that look like Schallers. We did use Schaller in the past, but the dollar to Euro ratio became cost prohibitive. Especially with custom tarrifs and shipping from Germany. When it was time to switch, we looked around for an equal or better replacement and found the current orange tuners.

Personally, I prefer the feel of the orange tuners. They have two nylon bushings, one of either end of the post. This allows them to turn very smoothly. BUT, the Schallers and Schaller style tuners do look very nice.

Since your buying on ebay in the end what matters is the concert, get the one in best condition and most visually appealing.

That being said which one do you guys think looks better? I like the looks of the one with the orange pegs better (nicer top), but the one with white pegs is a better deal because of the better case and you cant beat MGM. I inquired about the case on the other and it didnt sound like it was actually a hard case at all.

Erk

sricko...i actually stock the kOALOHA ETCHED orange pegs for sale so to swtich them out to orange from the white is no problem,,,,

That being said which one do you guys think looks better? I like the looks of the one with the orange pegs better (nicer top), but the one with white pegs is a better deal because of the better case and you cant beat MGM. I inquired about the case on the other and it didnt sound like it was actually a hard case at all.

Erk

MGM's case is a sweetener on the deal. But I don't think you'd go wrong with whichever you go with. I got my Lanikia lk-c from Rob at Ukulele4U and he was great to buy from and the uke came beautifully set up to play. He deserves some props too.

That said. I do have to say that I personally like the little white blaze in MGM's offering more. That little bit of uniqueness makes it for me. You'll always be able to pick yours out of a crowd.

And whichever you choose. Enjoy the eff out of it. I've got two of 'em.

Top Bottom