Silver Lining

MattW

Reaction score
Well, I had ordered and had been waiting for what would have been a beautiful custom koa concert from a Pacific NW luthier. Then after a long, long wait, the order was mutually cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (and delays in the build) and I was refunded my money. I was rather disappointed to say the least, but totally understood.

But to find the silver lining in things, with the money that I was refunded, I was able to buy a Pono ACD from HMS and a nice spotting scope for hunting. So I am pretty pumped that now I have two new toys with the money I would have spent on one uke! I was debating between the Pono ACD and an Opio and elected for the Pono. Man, is this one beautiful looking and sounding uke! And it also gave me the opportunity to do business with HMS, and as everyone else says, they are great! Perfect set-up and near flawless sound (would probably be flawless in the hands of someone more talented than myself!).

Anyway, there's always a silver lining in things. I highly recommend the Pono Acacia Concert Deluxe (for those who need/want another uke) and HMS. For those interested, I'll try to upload some pics of this sweet little instrument when I get home from work...that is if I find time that I'm not strumming and picking ;) .

Matt

Great news. Pono's are tremendous value. I love mine.

Thanks all. Here are some photos. I apologize for the lousy camera work. I couldn't seem to find a spot where there wasn't a glare. Looks way nicer in person. IMG_2496.jpgIMG_2498.jpgIMG_2499.jpgIMG_2500.jpgIMG_2501.jpg

Congrats on a lovely uke! My Pono is awesome. I would never part with it.

Hope you have many joy-filled days of strumming and packng.

Congrats. Love my Pono. Play yours daily!

My baritone is my first Pono, and I am still amazed at the excellent build quality and craftsmanship, and it sounds fantastic (with the right strings). I'm not at all surprised that you love your new Pono, too. :)

It sure is beautiful!!! Congrats on turning one snag into two fun and wonderful things!

Congrats Matt! I played a Pono tenor once. It was a beautiful looking and resonant sounding uke! Enjoy your new concert!

Congratulations! No need to apologize for your pics. We don't apologize for our playing, do we? (Well, I don't LOL)

Top Bottom