compensated saddle

Blackdog131

Reaction score
I'm playing a Kanilea KST and just recently changed the strings, the saddle piece fell out ...no big deal, but since then the C and A string have started buzzing!

I've been looking at images of compensated saddles and i'm pretty sure its in the right way (with the A string on the side where the saddle apex is central, and the G string where they apex is tilting towards the headstock)

I have just changed from the stock Aquilas to living waters (high g), is there a possibility that the thinner gauge of string is sitting deeper in the nut and causing the buzzing?

Any advice from the people who know best?

I'm playing a Kanilea KST and just recently changed the strings, the saddle piece fell out ...no big deal, but since then the C and A string have started buzzing!

I've been looking at images of compensated saddles and i'm pretty sure its in the right way (with the A string on the side where the saddle apex is central, and the G string where they apex is tilting towards the headstock)

I have just changed from the stock Aquilas to living waters (high g), is there a possibility that the thinner gauge of string is sitting deeper in the nut and causing the buzzing?

Any advice from the people who know best?

That's definitely possible. Is it buzzing on open C and A, or when you fret?

May or may not be relevent.

I have several ukes (Kala & Baton Rouge) that came with Aquila & now have Living Water low G strings on them & have no problems.
As a quick check, I'd try reversing the saddle to check if it is possibly just a simple problem.

Top Bottom