Ordered another one

DDANIEL13

Reaction score
Good morning, I wanted a concert to work with as well as my Tenor
After alot of readin I went with Mim's. Ordered the Kala Concert KA-ACP-CTG . Cedar Top, acacia body. Really looking forward to having one properly setup. Also asked her to put on a Good set of strings
now just gotta wait on it!

Dave

Last edited:
Good for you, Dave! The waiting is part of the adventure, and I know you'll have a great time with it.

It's so exciting to get an uke from Mim! I just got mine yesterday, Kala SSTU-CE. Mine is a tenor, Spruce top, Acoustic Electric, thinline travel uke. I absolutely love it! I just ordered it on 6-14 and it wasn't even expected to be here until 6-22, but it arrived on 6-16 all the way from Virginia to Vegas! The action is a dream on it, and I asked her to put low G on it and two strap buttons (which she did!). I'm so in love with this uke, my head is spinning :)

My other ukes are Kala too. I have an all mahogany concert and a concert laminate with exotic magogany. I love these too and want to put strap buttons on the laminate as the solid mahogany already has one strap button. I phoned Guitar Center and they said they don't put strap buttons on ukes as the wood is too thin. What? Sam Ash will do it, or I'll buy a little electric drill and do it myself.

I also have 9 little soprano Mahalo ukes (painted) that I used to teach ukuleles to my 2nd grade class. I was frustrated with the quality of them and some have bad buzzes now after being played. I also couldn't get the kids to do more than just a C chord. I need more training on how to teach ukes since I'm not a music teacher, perhaps, but was frustrated with 90% of my students having such weak, floppy finger strength which I believe is due to video gaming, but I'm not sure. It costs more for setup for these cheap ukes than it would cost to just buy new ones.

Annette

I have a Kala cedar top concert - great little uke :)

WTG! Mim's is certainly the way to go! I love my Mim's Ukes Kala, after 4 years of beating it half to death.

Wife just texted that the mail came today with the new uke.
Wrong day to have to work late. Anticipation!! Cant wait to see it tonight
Dave

Congrats. :) Mim was a great choice, and the ukulele you mentioned sounds like a looker! I hope we'll get photos!

Top Bottom