NUD: KoAloha Opio concert in acacia

MincerRay

Reaction score
These are fairly new and I haven't seen anyone post up a NUD with one yet. I ordered mine from HMS and got it a week ago. I am very impressed with the pattern and finish! It has more gloss than the sapele version, and a lot more grain. It also sounds amazing with similar sustain to the sapele, but seems brighter like the regular KoAlohas. The set up is spot on with good intonation. I think these are a hell of a deal!

-steve

Attachments

• IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1262.jpg
    IMG_1262.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 113
Oh, I want one of these so bad...

Congrats! Enjoy :)

Makes sense the acacia sounds more like the koa model as koa is also acacia. Congrats...wish I could play it.

I have seen and played the concert and tenor Acacia Opio ukes and like them....they sound nice and the Acacia is hard to beat looks wise....for the price you can not go wrong....and the finish is smooth and shiny...... close to a gloss finish..IMO

Last edited:
I recently purchased the KoAloha Opio Tenor in Acacia and I agree that these Acacia Opio models are an incredible deal. I had a hard time making any significant sound or build quality distinction between these Opio models and their corresponding Koa models. At about 60% of the retail of the Koa models they are an excellent option for those who always wanted that KoAloha sound, with exceptional sustain and volume, at a more attractive price point.

Fabulous to look at and no doubt to play and listen to. I have the older sapele concert and the grain on these new acacia models are much more beautiful. Congrats and thanks for sharing

That's a really nice looking one; I hope they sell well.

I'm a KoAloha fanboy so two thumbs up! :rock:

I"m a new KoAloha fan boy, too! I had uke envy when my friend recently bought a Kanilea tenor, but I can't afford a real K uke at this time. This Opio satisfies that itch for now. Now another friend recently bought a Mya-Moe and OMG! :)

Wow, that grain is strikingly beautiful. Congrats!

Classy and a fabulous value I would think. You've got me thinking about getting my third Uke now!

That's really beautiful! Dang! Now I want one!

Top Bottom