FS: John Daniel Sopranino Ukulele in Spruce with Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappsy

Reaction score
Pictures can be seen at:

https://goo.gl/photos/vbrmbWqGTTawwMWt8

There is some shadowing on the pictures.

I thought this was so cute when I first saw it, but also wanted something of high quality while being small.

The John Daniel Sopranino fits the bill perfectly. It is a handmade Ukulele with a Spruce top.

It came in and these are my impressions.

* Wow, is it small.
* Wow, it is so cute and would be a show stopper wherever it appears.
* It sounds so bright and cheery.

It's just too small for me. I have fat fingers and I can't play it well.

It is #94 (spruce) built in May 2015. It is superb condition. No crack or dents, There is a slight difference in wood appearance on the back of the head stock between the tuners. That's about it. It's in great condition. It is for sale for what I paid for it. I will pay U.S. shipping. $185. Paypal Friends & Family preferred.

The John Daniel waiting list is over two months and shipping would come from the UK. Get a good price, save on shipping and insurance, and get something really special right now. With so few of these coming up for sale, grab yours now.

I am leaving for 3 weeks on Thursday and would love to get this out to you before I go.

((( There is a further description on post #3. )))

Thanks for reading.

https://goo.gl/photos/vbrmbWqGTTawwMWt8

Last edited:
Are the back and sides solid or laminate mahogany?

Are the back and sides solid or laminate mahogany?

This is a quote from Mr. Daniel to my inquiry about it's construction.

"I keep a record of all the ukuleles that I make and I remember this one because of a rather nice spruce top and banding in Rosewood on both top and bottom of the body (My spruce tops normally* have banding only to the top edge). The back, ribs and neck are Mahogany and this was recovered from an old school science lab cabinet that was in a high school at Penarth in South Wales. The inlay dots on the back are there to disguise the fact that there was a screw hole in the timber used. I don't usually use dots around the sound hole on spruce tops as the timber is softer and is difficult to inlay cleanly. The finger board and bridge is rosewood and the nut and saddle bone. The inlays are in white Abalone. When I referred the the back as having a radius, I meant the back of the body is not flat and has a slight curve which helps project the sound. The fingerboard is flat."

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom