Uke Straps

Down Up Dick

Reaction score
I like ST (Sherin's Threads) Straps best. They're about 1.25" wide, stiff, not soft and floppy, great colors/designs and cost about $20--25. Mine has music notation but some have Hawaiian motifs.

Being stiff, they're easy to get on over your head even with a hat on. :eek:ld:

I always buy from Sherrins etsy site, I have three more of the 1.5" straps on route as we speak. They are my favorite straps and I guess I have about 9 or 10 of them. Excellent product, excellent service and made in California by Sherrin herself, don't get better than that.

I always buy from Sherrins etsy site, I have three more of the 1.5" straps on route as we speak. They are my favorite straps and I guess I have about 9 or 10 of them. Excellent product, excellent service and made in California by Sherrin herself, don't get better than that.
Thanks for the heads up Dave. I just checked them out, and they look great. I'm going to order one!

I have been custom making straps since 1986 from leather than can be tooled - embossed or braided as well as softer. I just got some new fabric samples that made my jaw drop in amazement at the design work built into the texture of the yardage of the vinyl and the leather with a thin vinyl top coat. The company puts a lifetime warranty on the material. I have an ergonomically shaped strap for ukuleles from a guitar strap that a fellow in SoCal wanted duplicated and tooled in leather The one that makes me laugh,is made from mule tape and has a load limit on it of either 2000 pounds before breaking or 3500pounds. It is really the softest, most comfortable 1/2 or 3/4 inch strap material. I have changed colour from white to brown by soaking it in coffee. Ends are leather and any hardware is marine grade nylon plastic.

I have four of the floral ST straps they are great, comfortable and really complement the instrument.

Top Bottom