Soprano Ukulele Mango "Machete"

grenosi

Reaction score
Hi!

Here are some pictures of my latest ukulele:

grenosi sopran ukulele mango machete 10.jpg
grenosi sopran ukulele mango machete 01.jpggrenosi sopran ukulele mango machete 06.jpggrenosi sopran ukulele mango machete 08.jpggrenosi sopran ukulele mango machete 11.jpg

Some details:

top: spruce
back, sides: Mango
neck: Mahogany
fingerboard, bridge, bindings, headstock veneer: Bloodwood
rosette: Mango
tuners: Pegheds

Greetings from Vienna, Gregor

Very nice. Is that a long neck or small body?

Very nice, I like it.

I like your choice of woods, I like the bridge, I like the design, in fact, I like everything about it! You do good work.

Bob

Wow very interesting. It looks great, I wonder how it sounds?

I just love how the Europeans challenge the shape of the ukulele. This one looks very old fashioned and yet modern. Very cool....The bridge seems to be set well back and I wonder how it sounds. A sound sample would be appreciated. Size of the pins seems a bit over sized to my eye proportionally, but maybe that is what is cool about this uke.

'I just love how the Europeans challenge the shape of the ukulele. This one looks very old fashioned and yet modern.' .........there's a simple reason for that!

The machete from Madeira, tuned DGBD, was transformed into the soprano uke, tuned GCEA after its arrival in Hawaii.

This instrument has the appearance of a machete, and since Gregor is calling this a uke, I reckon he must have tuned it accordingly.

Look at his website: there are some beautiful instruments ( with video/sound samples).

Last edited:
Hi!
Thank you for your nice comments!
@ Jim Hanks: The body is quite small. String length is 350 mm.

@ Nickie: I'll try to make video where I play this ukulele.

@ sequoia: I haven't found any smaller pins. And I wasn't up to turning them myself.

@ greenscoe: Yes, this instrument is tuned GCEA. (Thank you for visiting my website!)

Greetings, Gregor

Beautiful ukulele, lots of good taste! It is pleasure to watch your workshop, so clean and tidy (www).
Hope to see next instruments from you soon.

Dang, that is a good looking uke. Very nice and cool/sleek/different. Looks small and lightweight.

Top Bottom