Carry on soprano uke in backpack

timmit65

Reaction score
We've had several threads about flying with ukes as carry on baggage. So, I took some pix before my last flight. My Martin OXK in it's gigbag fits nicely in my backpack. Never had a problem using this method.

uke and backpack.jpguke in backpack.jpg

Last edited:
Timmit, when you add a photo, be sure at the end of the sentence that you hit one or two carriage returns so the photos move below the text. You can fix it by clicking edit, then add the carriage return right after the period.

Do you put it in the overhead bin like that? or do you separate them and keep the uke at your feet under the seat in front of you?

I dont trust folks (the OTHER passengers) jamming things into the overhead bins, it's like asking them to smash your uke (CRUNCH), even WITH a gigbag. I'd only put it in the overhead if it was in a hard WOODEN case. But that's just me. :)

Timmit, when you add a photo, be sure at the end of the sentence that you hit one or two carriage returns so the photos move below the text. You can fix it by clicking edit, then add the carriage return right after the period.

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
Do you put it in the overhead bin like that? or do you separate them and keep the uke at your feet under the seat in front of you?

I dont trust folks (the OTHER passengers) jamming things into the overhead bins, it's like asking them to smash your uke (CRUNCH), even WITH a gigbag. I'd only put it in the overhead if it was in a hard WOODEN case. But that's just me. :)

Yes, I always put it under the seat in front of me!

When I don't carry a backpack, I use a hardshell case and stow it in the overhead. Thanks for helping me clarify!

I put mine under the seat in front not in the overhead bin. I take a Flea which is more robust than most and have a gig bag with 25mm padding (much more than most)

Top Bottom