WTT: Collings UT2K for….

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBaird

Reaction score
Might regret doing this, but I've got an itch to play something new/different and I'm interested in trading for a comparable Mya-Moe or selling outright (or possibly Blackbird Farallon if someone isn't bonding...). Would prefer master grade koa or myrtle…standard or cutaway
My Collings is in excellent condition, the koa flame almost has a fiddleback appearance, tried getting it to show in pics but it changes with lighting. I added koa Waverly tuning machines which I prefer over any other tuning machine that I've tried. Currently strung Low G with Thomstik Infeld G/C and Oasis warm E/A (thank you Chuck Moore for the discovery-my new favorite setup!).
Take no offense-I'm picky, I've played many high end ukes and so far my favorite has been the Collings- but I've never played a MyaMoe which is where the intrigue comes from I guess.
(and if anyone would advise against this please let me know!)

Update: After a few inquiries will sell, asking Sold ($1700 shipped/insured). Will ship with Oasis humidifier. Has always been stored in its original case with humidifier.

If interested, shoot me a PM or email with potential offer to BairdM3@gmail.com-thanks!

-Brandon

Attachments

• uke1.jpg
    uke1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 154
  • uke2.jpg
    uke2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 197
  • uke3.jpg
    uke3.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 187
  • uke4.jpg
    uke4.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Welcome back Brandon.

Last time we talked you loved that Collings, but I do understand your desire to try something new. I myself have been looking at a Collings for quite some time, but have yet to pull the trigger...

Hi Lenny!

Yeah- still do- my desire for a new uke comes and goes…like I said, might regret this someday if an offer comes in. If not, I'll still be happy...

I do find it commendable that you prefer trading it for another high-end instrument instead of adding a horse to the stable. I envy you for that courage and discipline. I end up bonding with my ukes and then just hang onto them. Working on it...

Welcome back Brandon.

Last time we talked you loved that Collings, but I do understand your desire to try something new. I myself have been looking at a Collings for quite some time, but have yet to pull the trigger...
pull the trigger, they are awesome

I sent you a pm.

I know Andy. Someday, probably soon. Going to the Midwest Uke Camp tomorrow. Maybe someone will have one there that I can play and see what I'm missing.

pull the trigger, they are awesome

Last edited:
All PMs and emails replied to, some very tempting offers, but no MyaMoes…? I guess that speaks well for them! Thanks everyone!

Just a friendly bump- after a few inquiries will also sell-thanks everyone for the offers so far!

This WTT thread has more less turned into a WTS thread....bump!

I have Collings UT3M. I have friends who have your version in koa and mahogany. In my opinion you have best Uke made. I have bought and sold some nice ukes but Collings makes the best I have seen for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom