Jake Shimabukuro Live 4/13/09 Jazz Alley Seattle

thejumpingflea

Reaction score
Wow.

Just a second.

WOW.

Ok - now that I have my crud together. That was a truly amazing show. I got to watch it with UU friends, (Snapper, Electrobloober and SonicRush) and it was the best show I've seen.

He played most of his usual songs. (I actually got the set list!)
1) Let's Dance
2) Dragon
3) Blue Roses
4) Me and Shirley T
5) Sakura
6) In My Life
7) Misty
8)Trapped
9) $5 Unleaded
10) Piano Forte
11) Thriller
12) Orange World
13) Gently Weeps
14) Thirdstream
Encore: Ave Maria and Crazy G

Each song was flawlessly played and the 3 that really made me lose it were Me and Shirley T, Orange World and Thirdstream. About 4 songs into the show, Jake did a shout-out to all of his Seattle friends. I jokingly said my name to the people at my table and we had a good laugh about that. (Haha, Jake saying my name? Why would that happen?) Then the last name he said was Matt Dahlberg. Wait, what? Haha I was SOO surprised. He then said that DominatorUke has nothing but great things to say about you, thanks for coming to the show! I lost it. I literally pinched myself. Haha thanks Dominator, your the best! I am still trying to figure out what just happened.

I then talked to Jake a bit after the show. He is the most sincere and genuine musician I've ever met. He gave me some pointers, signed a bunch of stuff and I gave him my EP to listen to. He's really down to earth and seemed to be more thankful to me for listening to him then I was to be meeting him. It was just so cool.

Best. Night. Ever.

FILE0015.jpg

(I was crouching in this picture and still towered over him ;) )

NOW! I have a contest idea that I will be posting in a new thread. Who wants a signed Jake Live CD?

Haha! I spoke with Jake a couple hours before the show and mentioned to him that you were coming to see him for the first time. He asked me to spell your name so I figured you might get a shout out.

Glad you got to see the master perform in person. I think the smile on your face says it all.

I'm glad I could be there to see that. It was a great concert, too. The guy's just amazing.

And you spelled my username wrong, lol. I want my picture with him, by the way.

hold on! What?! I missed it! I didn't even know he was coming here! Where can I find out stuff like this? You're one lucky dude, bro. Hope he comes by again! Good stuff!

Agreed! What an awesome show! I convinced a few non-uke-crazed friends to come along, and everyone was simply floored by Jake's performance. The venue was incredible, too. Really classy.
Cheers,
Mika

Last edited:
Top Bottom